Sanguine Distortion

Mourguitars

This build took some time , it fired up but sounds like a Fuzz Pedal with a dying battery.

i put the LEDS long leg "anode " in the ( A )...

Looks like things are coming in two's and tree's my way as far as builds lately ! ..Lol

Mike

I probed pins 1 and 7 CDB...got 4.45v with the settings you told me to set the pots, all 3 IC's...again all 3 Ic's were the same 4.45v each pin

Plugged into amp , checked the pins with sound...same 4.45v on the pins...treble booster still
Mike

Last edited:
I replaced C20 and C19 , i looked at the schematic those caps were in front and back of the treble pot..those caps something was bothering me about them..so i replaced them also there are a few resistors going to the pot as well but left them alone..for now ?

A50K was a little scratchy i replaced that...When bending up the B1M i kinda had sound that i wanted ..i replaced that and now i have nothing at all..both pots tested good, been looking for a ground short..cant see one as of yet..

Put the meter on pins 1 and 7 on all IC's all read 4.45v except pin 7 on the bottom IC reads 8.83v....was 4.45v like the others

Im thinking about taking out the sockets and putting the IC's to the board before i do anything else below is a pic of what i use to take out parts ..i hope I'm doing it right...

I change the tip on the iron to a flat blade, dip the wick bent in a V dip in paste flux and press down on the PCB for 3-4 sec..that usually get it all..if not ill put on the small soldering tip and cut the leg off the part and use the solder sucker or a needle nose to get the rest out...

The flux makes a mess but comes off with the IPA...Im learning as i go...

Ic's sockets came out real easy...

Top IC reads 4.01........ pin 1
8.35........ pin 7

middle IC reads 4.40 .... pin 1
4.40 .... pin 7

Bottom IC reads 8.30....pin 1
8.30....pin 7

I think i created a major problem..its my bad , when bending up the B1M pot the leg coming of the 4.7uf the pad lifted up off the PCB lifting some black coating as well.

Unless i can carefully scrape in two different spots on the circuit paths and solder a wire on both sides of that pot leg to the paths..i think it's doomed..

I did drop it once so that might have done it...messing with it to much...oops !

Mike

It should be salvageable, when I'm back at my computer I'll send you a pic of the traces.

You can just install a jumper wire between the pot lug and one (or two) pads on the PCB. No scraping should be necessary.

Top IC is IC3. 8.35V on pin 7 is bad. Check pins 5 & 6 w.r.t. GND.

Middle IC is IC2. All good.

Bottom IC must be IC1. 8.3V on pin 1 is bad. Check pins 2 & 3 w.r.t. GND.

What can be the cause of having a 7.5V on pin 7, but 4.5 on 5 and 6. I cannot find anything that short an higher voltage there. Thanks !

EDIT : Woush, that leaky 220nF capacitor was hard to find.

Last edited:
Back