Sanguine Distortion

Mourguitars

This build took some time , it fired up but sounds like a Fuzz Pedal with a dying battery.

i put the LEDS long leg "anode " in the ( A )...

Looks like things are coming in two's and tree's my way as far as builds lately ! ..Lol

Mike

Those are in there Nostradamus....but I will check in the A.M

Tayda sent those Tan resistors instead of blue.

Should I turn pedal on and test each one , do those effect the gain ?

mike

I mean R3 should be 470k (Yellow Violet Black Orange) but yours looks like 560k...There should be quite a few yellow banded resistors on the board but I only see two (1M, R1 & R27)

Okay yeah it must have been the lighting in the first image! Looked green haha

Your 9v and jack ground pad look like they may have a touch too much solder on them, is there any contact there?

Replaced R4 4.7k checked reading on it before installing it...reflowed all solder joints, now its sounds like a Treble Booster, even with the treble backed off, Bass and mid i can hear a difference when backed off..Volume pot works and gain just adds more Treble

Ive read very resistors twice taking out of the bag putting next to each and everyone they have the same bands, one thing i keep coming back to is the 22n .022uf the code on them ( grey one's from Tayda ) read 223J100..shouldnt those say 222J100 ?

Mike

That didn't help , tried thru a different amp...still the same . been on this since 8 am .

Wiggled wire's.... Pots im pretty stumped on this one, all controls and switch works...just sounds like a treble booster /fuzz

Check voltage on pins 1 and 7 on all of the opamps with power on. They should all be at or near 4.5V. If they are, then the opamps are good and there is no point swapping them out. Those cheap stamped IC metal sockets will get loose and make poor contact if you cycle them too any times. All of the parts I checked looked correct. R27 is strange in the BOM & schematic. a 1Meg resistor there makes no sense. Wouldn't make it do what you're experiencing, but it is strange.

Check voltage on pins 1 and 7 on all of the opamps with power on. They should all be at or near 4.5V. If they are, then the opamps are good and there is no point swapping them out. Those cheap stamped IC metal sockets will get loose and make poor contact if you cycle them too any times. All of the parts I checked looked correct. R27 is strange in the BOM & schematic. a 1Meg resistor there makes no sense. Wouldn't make it do what you're experiencing, but it is strange.

Im getting 4.46v on pins 1 and 7 on all three IC's Chuck

Next move is to start probing with the audio probe. Set GAIN to zero, BASS & TREBLE to noon, MID to 10, toggle sw to center. Following the schematic, move from the input end of the circuit to the output end, probing each opamp's output. That would be IC1 pin 1, then IC1 pin 7, IC2 and so on. Skip IC2 pin 7, there's no signal at that pin. The volume will progressively increase, except IC3 pin 1 will not be as loud as IC2 pin 1 due to losses in the BASS & TREBLE controls. At some point, the sound will take on the "treble booster" tone you described earlier. The problem part of the circuit will be between that last place you had a good tone and the first place the tone goes all trebly.

Back