DEMO Schu-Tone Cavalier Chorus

This post contains an audio or video demo

jjjimi84

Here is this the chorus pedal I didn't know I needed, this little thing is outstanding! I was never a massive chorus user, having always used phasers or univibes, but lately I am just fallen in love with the lush sound I am getting with them. This little thing (1590A) has all of those familiar chorus sounds and is also dive into the weird and still sound musical.

MAN ALIVE!!

You're really reaching some new highs with your video-editing and guitar playing recently- the chorus sounds lush A.F.!
That tone on the strummed guitar in the intro and the overboard setting at 5:40 were my favorites.

Nice! You know I like chorus. So what's your thoughts on this Schu-tone versus the Madbean Pork Barrel you did, or versus the Cepheid?

Here is this the chorus pedal I didn't know I needed, this little thing is outstanding! I was never a massive chorus user, having always used phasers or univibes, but lately I am just fallen in love with the lush sound I am getting with them. This little thing (1590A) has all of those familiar chorus sounds and is also dive into the weird and still sound musical.

You're making me lust after that guitar........

Would be a coup if it was made available by Robert as a 1590A build.
Dude I looked under the hood... No way, I don't know how he does it.
MAN ALIVE!!

You're really reaching some new highs with your video-editing and guitar playing recently- the chorus sounds lush A.F.!
That tone on the strummed guitar in the intro and the overboard setting at 5:40 were my favorites.
Thank you sir! This is really is a great chorus. That intro was all done from watching youtube tutorials, I have a ton of them ready to watch its all about finding time to get better at it. I seem to be in a constant state of always behind.
Nice! You know I like chorus. So what's your thoughts on this Schu-tone versus the Madbean Pork Barrel you did, or versus the Cepheid?
I love the Pork Barrel, the mix control is a really great idea and it was super lush. The Schu-Tone is the perfect size for my board and has a lot of wild sounds that I always find inspiring especially when paired with fuzz. The Cepheid hasn't been played much as it is in the painting stage for ya.
You're making me lust after that guitar........
Hit up @Pauleo1214 I am not sure if he sold it yet, I was just giving it a test drive. He is always coming up with wild ideas and has some serious skillz with wood.

As always, you make my pedals sound a million times better than I ever could!

Would be a coup if it was made available by Robert as a 1590A build.
Dude I looked under the hood... No way, I don't know how he does it.
And the funny thing is, you can use the exact same board and make it a stereo chorus as well... the original plan was to make this a stereo chorus in a 1590A (which it still could be if you only use it in stereo) :)

And the funny thing is, you can use the exact same board and make it a stereo chorus as well... the original plan was to make this a stereo chorus in a 1590A (which it still could be if you only use it in stereo) :)

Dan, I've loved your work for a long time, when years ago I discovered the 1590A thread at DIYStompboxes. 😻

I've made a few 1590A pedals since then, but ... I'll never reach your level of mastery. I don't have the skill, the eyesight, nor patience for it! 😹

Anyway, people got my joke — Robert's not really into 1590A, even though a few simple boost/dirt PPCB projects will fit in one.

I'd like to DIY a full 1590A board, all the DIY-offerings are out there — all but a few projects. The only thing I'm missing is a good OC-1 (though I've seen a stacked board project for this, I'm not sure if it's feasible for me) and missing the HOLY GRAIL...

... your 1590A FLANGER.

Awesome demo! Something about the tone at 6 minutes is so tasty. I've never seen anyone compact a circuit like schu-tone, just incredible inside.
My favorite also, I dialed up that sound and out came an organ blues thing.
Ain’t find a way to kill me yet….
What an intro! Loved every bit of this demo dude! Keep it up love watching your videos!
Thank you sir! I am starting to play more drums for the videos so I am really getting weird

Your pedals are the bees knees my friend.
Dan, I've loved your work for a long time, when years ago I discovered the 1590A thread at DIYStompboxes. 😻

I've made a few 1590A pedals since then, but ... I'll never reach your level of mastery. I don't have the skill, the eyesight, nor patience for it! 😹

Anyway, people got my joke — Robert's not really into 1590A, even though a few simple boost/dirt PPCB projects will fit in one.

I'd like to DIY a full 1590A board, all the DIY-offerings are out there — all but a few projects. The only thing I'm missing is a good OC-1 (though I've seen a stacked board project for this, I'm not sure if it's feasible for me) and missing the HOLY GRAIL...

... your 1590A FLANGER.
You mean the Schu-Tone Slingshot flanger that I am shooting today? That flanger is wild, like whoa wild

Any plans to make more of these (with or without a TRS output jack for stereo split)?

I've been thinking about streaming twitch live doing builds since I have a pc setup at my bench... I used to stream playing online video games a couple years ago so it would be fun just to do a build and see if people pop in while I'm soldering away.

Your videos get better and better ! they are looking great and your a talented player to boot!
Thank you thank you thank you! I appreciate the kind words but I still feel like there is so much to learn on guitar. I would love to get to the level of some of the cats around here (looking at you @MichaelW ) but am happy that I still love it all of these years later.
I've been thinking about streaming twitch live doing builds since I have a pc setup at my bench... I used to stream playing online video games a couple years ago so it would be fun just to do a build and see if people pop in while I'm soldering away.
Is a live stream hard to do or something people would be interested in? I have kicked around the idea of going live but am admittedly over my head.
I always can make more, just need the demand to be there :) I still have the stereo one around, the Cavalier Stereo (and yes, it did kill me to build something in a larger than 1590a enclosure :ROFLMAO:)
View attachment 47169
Make more! It is so good! Permanent fixture on my board.

Live streaming is super easy with OBS and Twitch... It can be fairly machine heavy for an under powered laptop... but if you have something decent it should run fine with run of the mill stuff..... I have a ridiculous pc setup that can pretty much do anything you throw at it... 32 cores and 64 threads.. overclocked.. watercooled yada yada... with a pretty pricey graphics card..... Pc gaming is my other hobby because my teens are big into it.. I built all my boys rigs pretty nice too... My 16 yo does video editing for game play montages for a little side hustle and uses my pc to render his videos with filmora... does it a bit faster than a 6 core 12 thread pc...

I am going to look into it some more, i think it would be cool to even just do a zoom meeting to talk pedals. I think Madbean did one but hasn’t done it again.

I use my ipad to edit my videos, I carry it with me everywhere and when my wife wants to watch tv i slap in an earbud and look at my dumbass.

“Blooz licks again, Dan, blooz licks again”

Back