Scientific Guitarist pcb fabrication at jlcpcb?

drgonzo1969

I am taking my first attempt at getting some pcbs fabricated from jlcpcb. I successfully added some figbusters to my cart but now I am trying some of these Scientific Guitarist gerber files. It looks like these pcbs are all SMD components. If I select the "free pcb assemply" will they populate all the smd components?

If you SMD assembly then you need to have BOM (Bill of Materials) and CPL (Pick and Place) files. They tell the fab what parts you want and where they go. I am not sure if SciGui includes those, but they would be CSV files.

If you SMD assembly then you need to have BOM (Bill of Materials) and CPL (Pick and Place) files. They tell the fab what parts you want and where they go. I am not sure if SciGui includes those, but they would be CSV files.
maybe I will skip that project. Do you have any other recommendations for PCBs to have fabricated? links to gerbers on github? I am still learning how to navigate the github website. It is kind of confusing

Has anyone built the Scientific Guitarist sustainiac pickup clone project?

Wow, I just breezed through that entire 2nd link and holy cowabunga that looks intense! Always had a minor curiosity about pickup winding and while it's all spelled out by SG, that looks very time consuming and difficult, at least for me.

Back