DEMO Sheepy love/GOTA Boss HM-3 Hyper Metal

This post contains an audio or video demo

Guardians of the analog

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
1000011580.gif
This one came out perfect. @szukalski is such a great bad influence. Dave made such a a great layout with this. The HM-3 hyper metal was something we talked about last fall and it came to fruition fast when it got rolling in February. The Hyper Metal is the forgotten sibling of the HM-2. It wasn't produced long in the 90s because it lived in the shadow of the Metal Zone released just a few years earlier. Now it finally gets its chance to shine.

The HM-3 while being the spiritual successor to the HM-2 sounds different. The circuit topology is very different. The HM-3 has a more modern scooped tone and the EQ doesn't function in exactly the same way. The slightly fuzz nature of the drive is very cool and the amount of drive is pretty massive. The bass available is really impressive and testing on my pbass made me want one just for my bass board. I would not hesitate to use this for anything from grungy to doomy type of rock.

For the enclosure I used a matte black tayda box with UV print. I think the design is self explanatory and came out great. Relay bypass board also by Dave. When testing the pedal I kept wanting to play this riff so I decided to do a demo clip showing it in a mix. This one ain't leaving my board any time soon.
1000011569.jpg 1000011567.jpg 1000011568.jpg

Chris, I absolutely love it when something like this comes together. Really great experience and awesome to see you enjoying it!
Always a great time working on something with you!
That's a gnarly sound. Also I love the GOTA in the Sega font at the beginning of the video.

You both crushed this one. This started the day off right.
I was trying to have fun with the video and thought It was funny. Glad you enjoyed it.
View attachment 70969
That thing sounds as good as it looks…. Awesome! Fantastic build and demo!
Thanks Rob, can't wait to see what your working on.

Back