Simulcast, Carbon Black, and some screen printing content

WheatAndBarley

Pics to start off:
First up is a simulcast build, now the third broadcast iteration I've done. I really like the middle setting on the toggle as an always on pedal. This one isn't for me but I have another cool combo build in the works that will incorporate another simulcast board.

Second is a Carbon Black build. Nice quick build and sounds really nice, it gets pretty gnarly but I was quite surprised at how much I liked the lower gain settings.

Thought I'd share some of the screen printing process of the other few builds I have going at the moment. The two other enclosures that match the carbon black are going to be an informant which I also boxed today but it no worky :( and an HM2. The low tide should be obvious, doing another one for a friend in the same enclosure style as the previous one I did for mine last year.

What I like to do is pull the screen down flush with the enclosure surface and do two or three passes with the squeegee. Ideally I'd be able to set the screen a little bit off of it so that only the squeegee is making contact with the top, but I don't have a full jig for it to sit flush with the enclosure (if that makes sense). If I pull it down flush it minimizes the screen pulling off the enclosure and then smearing the ink when it comes back down. You can kinda see them in the clip but I have some cardstock pieces that I tape to the table so if I'm doing multiple enclosures with the same art I can slide it into the slot that I tape out for it and not have to waste time lining up each pull. Each colour is a different layer that has to be planned for, and then the blend on the low tide was achieved by putting the 3 colours of ink down at once and then mixing it where each colour intersects before pulling it over the print area.

Back