Small capacitors

Also regarding the smaller 1u caps, it also seems like socketing the TL072 might be too risky. It looks like it is right up against the bottom side of the daisy when you socket it underneath it. I'll probably just solder the TL072 directly since I won't be swapping IC's. Is this what other folks have been doing?

I put the TL072 in a socket and have no issues putting the daisy board in. You are right that the daisy board gets very close to it and may be touching the top of the TL072, but I have been running it boxed up like that for over a month and it has been fine.

I put the TL072 in a socket and have no issues putting the daisy board in. You are right that the daisy board gets very close to it and may be touching the top of the TL072, but I have been running it boxed up like that for over a month and it has been fine.

I measured it before I put the socket for the TL072 in and it fits just fine with a socket. You should have no problems.

Socketing the TL072 worked for me as well. I used MLCC for the 1uf caps, as my film 1UFs would have put it way too high for the sockets.

Back