SOFTii (and some others dump)

Fuzzonaut

I kinda forgot about that SOFTii board and when I finally got around to build it, the build doc seemed to have changed, as some values on the BOM and the PCB were different. I socketed all those and went with what was printed on the PCB. Seems to have been the right move, as it sounds as it should ... at least, I assume it does. The switch kicks in some dirt, I like both settings. I used MPF4293s it called for, from Musikding.

soft.jpeg softg.jpeg

And while I'm here, I'll just add some others builds, with PCBs from other places, as that seems to be ok.

First up 2 Deadend FX things. I really like their choice of circuits and their occasional "add ons", the PCB layout though is a usually a bit, well ... not fully optimized, maybe?
Anyway, here's their take of the LAL Super Oscillo 88, with expression input. A lot of very cool sounds in there. I'm a sucker for anything oscillating.
An the "Wurmloch", which is the DBA Flaming Lips Space Ring, but with a few extras: clean circuit, blend and what I labelled "Spice", which is added crosstalk between the 2 ring modulators. It's tons of fun, if you're into ring mods.

88.jpeg 88g.jpeg
WL.jpeg WLg.jpeg

2 Moonn PCBs, both DBA circuits: Interstellar Overdrive and Reverberation Machine with added Feedback (on/off toggle + knob) and Dry Kill (Footswitch).
The OD is cool, although kinda tame for a something DBA. The RM is glorious, adding a hint of feedback brings the "je ne sais quoi" that you immediately miss when turned off. And killing the dry is soooo spooky, amazing.

IOD.jpeg IODG.jpeg

RM.jpeg RM-G.jpeg

I also made a Lectric Soy Sauce, which is a DOD Meatbox. The chip is from Ebay, (UK, iirc), it seems that I got lucky as it sounds like my RI Meatbox, just with a hair less volume. I called it the Smash Box.
And another Coda Black Hole, boost always on, with a potentiometer on the outside. I love his take on the Model T.
And last one, then I'll stop boring you: Zorg Basstard. This one is super cool, for me as a bassist. 3-band OD, each band with gain and volume, mids shifting switch. A winner. 1 zillion sounds available.

MB.jpeg MBG.jpeg

BH2.jpeg BH2-G.jpeg

basstar.jpeg basstarg.jpeg

Nice work! You've been busy.
Love the Wurmloch, it sounds great.
Nice variety of graphics, but that Zorg looks so great with those line and curved boxes :love:

Nice work! You've been busy.
Love the Wurmloch, it sounds great.
Nice variety of graphics, but that Zorg looks so great with those line and curved boxes :love:

Thanks, and I'll pass on the Zorg love, as those graphics where made by a friend. I knew what I wanted, but my Photoshop "skills" are very, very limited.

Last edited:
Those all look fantastic! I desperately want to make the wurmloch, but I’ve promised myself I won’t order more PCBs until I have the graphics done and the parts ordered for at least 10 of the PCBs I have sitting around now

Back