SONOMAT (-IC DELUXE)

Fuzzonaut

I saw a build report here (thanks @chongmagic ) of this delay and decided to build it too, as others might have, I'm sure.

Well, it's quite a big build, going into a big enclosure, but I'd say it's totally worth it.

Things I did my way:
- relocated the out jack as I didn't want to deal with the filing
- replaced R50 with a 4.7k multi turn precision trimmer
- adapted the graphics a bit and also the name

sono.jpeg
sono-g.jpeg

Thanks y'all, and
Awesome @Fuzzonaut - I love that aesthetic
How does this compare to a PPCB Hydra?
I don't know the Hydra, but here, all the 4 heads have a volume control, it's not on or off, so that gives you more possibilities, I'd say.
My guitar playing friend has a Volante, so we tried to make the Sonomat sound like his favourite setting on the Volante and it pretty much nailed it, the Volante can go "slower" though, but soundwise it was there.
Very nice! I have two of these to build! What does R50 do?
As stated, R50 does determine, if it goes into selfoscillation or not. With R50 as 4.7k, it does not selfoscillate when maxed out. If you lower R50 it will start to though. The build doc said to kinda inch your way down from 4.7, hence the multi-trim of 4.7k. I installed it maxed out (at 4.7k), just to have the possibility to see what happens. It's actually quite cool to have endless repeats without self-oscillation, but you know: options ....

Dang, this pedal just exudes coolness. Excellent work! Looks good and sounds great.

Not that I need more delays but I just ordered a PCB for myself from Skidmark. 😹

Back