Srv mod to Lone King?

Yourarthas

So the King Tone Duellist 2022 has got a new dipswitch that alters the pedal between classic 808 and “srv mod”, does anyone know what it does to circuit? And what should I change on Lone King to set it to srv mod?

The classic SRV mod is usually to remove the coupling caps between the buffers and the op amp, increase input and output cap size plus give it a larger gain pot.

As the King Tone TS already has no buffers at all the SRV could refer to anything so I'd argue just identify what you actually find lacking about the Lone King and go from there. Most likely it's a cap switch.

The classic SRV mod is usually to remove the coupling caps between the buffers and the op amp, increase input and output cap size plus give it a larger gain pot.

As the King Tone TS already has no buffers at all the SRV could refer to anything so I'd argue just identify what you actually find lacking about the Lone King and go from there. Most likely it's a cap switch.

So I just want to add abit more dynamics you know less compression more "clean". What should be changed?

So let’s make it atleast a bit of a general question, which cap value change would reduce the compression abit more and open it up abit?

Maybe the 220n cap to ground after the clipping stage. Making that smaller or putting a resistor in parallel with the 1K that's usually there, you get a much less strong high cut which probably gives that sort of effect.

Interesting, I just now realized the build doc does not contain the schematic for this circuit. That seems odd.

Back