Super 64

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
Just in time for the discontinuation of the Superbolt, I bring to you the:

Lytt Effects Lyttning Bolt

Still figuring out graphics for this one, and nailing down a name, but I’ll get there soon enough. This was my second build in a little over two weeks, and third all time. The first was a kit from Aion FX that I parted with ages ago, and these last two builds were my first after sourcing parts on my own. The other was the Mach 1 (Greer Lightspeed), but I forgot to take pictures before lending it out. Both fired up right away, and the only real issue I had was the LED not working on the Mach 1 first go, which was simply because I forgot to jumper the pcb pads for the LED and CLR since I’m using the LMS breakout board for the LED.

The Super 64 was a fairly simple build, and biasing the transistors was a fun little exercise. I played on it for about 10 minutes, and it’s definitely true to the JHS Superbolt sound. Crazy volume, lots of gain on tap, and a bit noisy. If I remember right, the Superbolt was noisy as well, so I’m not shocked, although I may audio probe through this one and see if I can nail down exactly what’s causing it, as it’s significantly noisier than most of my other drives. May be nothing, we’ll see.

IMG_5284.jpeg
IMG_5285.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice build. I like the choice of blue on black.
I just sold a Super 64 today. Obviously because of some youtubery hype. Great little fuzzy crunchy OD. And yes. Very loud.

Just turn the bias knob all the way to one side and put a taco on it.

EDIT: In all seriousness though, this looks awesome, and I think the graphics you have work fine.
Hahah I love it. This whole Tacobolt thing is out of control.

And thank you, I do like the simplicity of just the bolts. I may leave em, but also think it’d be funny to tie it into the Superbolt being dead somehow. I’ll think of something.

Hahah I love it. This whole Tacobolt thing is out of control.

And thank you, I do like the simplicity of just the bolts. I may leave em, but also think it’d be funny to tie it into the Superbolt being dead somehow. I’ll think of something.
Maybe put the lightning bolt in a little coffin? That's basically what Josh did -- although he put the actual pedal in a little coffin.

Back