Tayda 1P8T mini rotary

Dan M

I had not seen these before, has anyone used them on a Pedalpcb board?

The data sheet looks close if not identical to the adafruit 2925.

I’ll grab a few in my next order to check out. So far, I’ve only used the 2925’s bought either here or at Mouser.

I just double checked the drawings, both are 20 mm shaft length. The tayda picture must be skewed. I think they cloned the adafruit part.

I haven't seen one from Tayda in person yet but I'll order one in my next parts order.

The photo looks off, but it all depends on how the measurement is made.

If you do try one post a pic when it arrives.

I just finished the mini heterodyne with those tayda rotaries. Fits perfectly, just a tad tall on the shaft. I'll cut them down.

After a year of these being available, can anyone used a few of these comment on their durability compared to the legit adafruit ones you get thru the PPCB/SBP stores? Even the real ones are slightly failure prone and have a decent number of duds out of the box so I’m curious if the Tayda ones are much worse in that regard.

I just used one in my rangefinder build. It seems to work fine but obviously I can’t comment on longevity.

Edit to add - agreed with the comment here that the shaft on the rotary feels a little long. So it didn’t look goofy, I just raised the knob up on my 6.35 mm pot so they were the same height, but eventually I’ll probably cut down the shaft on the rotary.

I’ve used a few of them. They seem fine, but I don’t play enough to make a durability comment.

Back