Will this rotary switch work on the Parentheses?

Barnshart

Bought myself some rotary switches from Tayda for the Parentheses. They appear to don't into the PCB just fine, but I see that PedalPCB sells their own on here for the Parentheses.

Just wanted to know if anybody knows if these will in fact work okay. And does it matter which direction I install it into the PCB?

Mini Rotary Switch 2 Pole 4 Position RS16211 20mm
SKU: A-6659

That's the one. It doesn't matter if it's rotated 180 degrees, just make sure you install it on the right side of the PCB.

I've never ordered one of those from Tayda, is the shaft really as long as it looks in the product photo?

A-6659.jpg

One recommendation, verify that both sides of the switch have continuity in each position before installing it.

I had a very high percentage of defects in my most recent order of those (not from Tayda, but surely from the same manufacturer).

That's the one. It doesn't matter if it's rotated 180 degrees, just make sure you install it on the right side of the PCB.

I've never ordered one of those from Tayda, is the shaft really as long as it looks in the product photo?

A-6659.jpg
In my own personal experience, it's really just about which angle you take the pictures at to make your shaft look longer than it actually is. But in this case, it seems these are. Fair amount longer than a PCB mount pot.

Most Banana-Peppers are easily bigger than that banana; I'd never heard of Bonsai Banana trees before.

Those rotaries really do have long ... handles, and you cut them down to whatever size you want.

Back