Tayda says what???

A few enclosure just showed up- and I finally realized why shipping is not 99¢ anymore:

IMG_8587.jpeg

Not complaining though 😂

I don't mind paying customs fees, to Customs.
What I don't like is when DHuL/UoPS/Fed-Up volunteer themselves to be my broker without my having asked them to do so; I've yet to find that self-service option — it's just a tick-box for choosing a shipping company and that's it. I'll look for fine-print links next time I order stuff, but I'm fairly sure there are no sub-options after having chosen a shipping method on the vendors' sites I've used.
No, it's not anything during shipping, they send a text message once it's approaching Finland.

FWIW I did find this https://mydhl.express.dhl/ca/en/hel...earance-options.html#/other-clearance-options

"Self-Clearance

If you wish to self-clear your shipment, please notify DHL by completing the Self-Clearance form and we will email you the necessary paperwork."

The form seems to be on the right side of that page? It mentions doing it in person at a Customs Canada point, not sure if it's possible for you to do online - not familiar at all with how it works in Canada.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's some EU thing where they have to ask you, while in Canada (and probably the US?) they automatically put you on the clearance service and you have to know (from a little bit hidden website) that you can opt into self clearance.

No customs issues via DHL in the US thus far. Just a box on the doorstep in 2-3 days by 2pm.
I hate that DHL stopped domestic delivery here, honestly.

Back