Tayda says what???

I find it interesting that slow shipping went from way cheaper to simply unavailable. Unless it’s literally now more expensive than the cheapest fast option which is like a 1000% increase, which I find hard to believe.

It's all about volume. Basically, small orders are getting charged handling fees.
Get your order up to $50-60, and you'll see it drop. $80ish is less, over a hundo, even less.
My order of $82 a month ago was shipped for 7.76, no heavy or big items.
Two months ago, $121 order shipped for a miniscule $4.76.
I take that as, I can't compulsive order from them. Have to plan it out.

Both orders were on my door in 3 days from half way around the world for the cost of a chicken sandwich each time. My Prime membership often still takes 3 days.
That's pretty amazing to me.
Quit yer bitchin and plan your builds. All ya have 273.53 pcbs stashed like me. Pull up a few BOMs and commit to buying all the parts needed for some things you may or may not get around too.
Or pay an extra handling fee on a $20 order of 79 components <5 quantity each.

To me, seems their inverse way of quantity discounts like mouser and digi do, but without updating their dilapidated website who's cart probably couldn't handle that structure.
But that's just like my 476 cents man.

I’ve only had one order with the “new” shipping rates but it was WAY faster for me. Typically the cheap option in the past would take approximately 14 days to arrive. The considerably more expensive DHL option for my last order had my stuff to me in 3 business days…

(But I am also realizing I’m fairly close to where Stompbox parts ships from so that may well turn out better)

I’ve only had one order with the “new” shipping rates but it was WAY faster for me. Typically the cheap option in the past would take approximately 14 days to arrive. The considerably more expensive DHL option for my last order had my stuff to me in 3 business days…

(But I am also realizing I’m fairly close to where Stompbox parts ships from so that may well turn out better)
Stompbox parts always impresses me. I live in Oregon and I always have my order in 2 days if I order before about 3 their time. I've never had them not ship the product out the same day, which is pretty awesome.

So where were these hiding?? I swear they weren't there last time I looked! Oh well, thanks!

Time to stock up. :) I use metal films for higher than 1W values but I'm perfectly happy with carbon film for the regular parts.
If I knew tayda had those resistors before this year I could have saved a lot of money buying amp parts ... I had an amp to mod this year and just checked there first because of how ridiculous AES is on passives

For my fellow USA people, what's your experience with the DHL shipping option with Tayda? I usually place large batches of orders of 800+ pieces and anywhere from 8-10 powder coated and pre drilled enclosures and pay around $180-220. The UPS shipping is usually around $20-22 and DHL is like $5. I've never used DHL for anything in my life because I've heard bad things, but is DHL really that bad? I'd love to spend only $5 in shipping vs 4 times that!

I have had bad experiences with UPS tho. I had a package get stuck in limbo with "out for delivery" status for a few days. after a bunch of hassle with apps and websites and phones calls, I eventually got ahold of someone with the local distribution center and they called the specific driver and within 15 minutes the guy was at the door with my package. so in the end they fixed it but it was a huge hassle and kinda fishy

I’ve had problems in the past living in an urban area getting my DHL‘s. But now that I’m out in a rural spot, they hit me every time.

Never an issue with DHL here just outside Nashville. Anywhere in the world in 3 days at most and usually here by 11AM.
They will just drop it at the door though, so keep that in mind

Back when DHL and UPS shipping prices were the same, I always went with UPS because I knew them better. Now that the DHL prices are (for my location -Atlanta GA) half of UPS‘, I’ve been using DHL and I’ve been very happy with them. Tayda shipped a package to me last Thursday and it was estimated for delivery the following Tuesday - DHL not only got it to me a full two days early but they actually delivered on a Sunday, Which allowed me to continue to make progress on some of my builds before the weekend was over. So for all those reasons, DHL is my choice for Tayda shipping.

Mike

I think my record with DHL Express is 52 hours from Thailand (Tayda) to Finland to my closest package pickup point (a small nearby convenience store). That's amazing.

On the other hand, normal DHL from Musikding (Germany) can take a week, easily. There is a big difference between the normal and the Express version.

@brightlight - DHL has a perfect record on my Tayda shipments to New Hampshire. Generally under two days and between $2 and an $12 based on some mysterious formula factoring price and box size. I don't have much other experience with international shipping, but I'm always shocked at how cheap and fast it is.

I like DHL here in Australia because they're super fast and the guy who delivers in my area is a great bloke. I was once walking down the street with my wife when I saw him pass in his van so gave him a wave. He stopped and said he'd just tried to deliver a package to me but I wasn't home - did I want to grab it now? So as it was small I took it from him then and there, then continued on my walk to the cafe which was pretty bloody handy!

UPS is always WAAAY more than DHL for me. I only use DHL for Tayda, as I hate having the driver come all the way out here from Philly, cause he always gets here at like 8:30pm, and then he’s gotta go all the way back…

UPS driver uses my horseshoe driveway when no ones here…

Back