Tayda says what???

$14 shipping for 20 worth of parts? I don't think so Tayda. Ordered from pedal parts plus. Way more realistic shipping and very competitive pricing.
I feel the same.
Having issues finding a light blue 125B.
$5.99 enclosure with $20 shipping...

I noticed that DHL shipping starts at about 12 $, but filling the cart is was about 8 $, then almost 10 $ (no enclosure). There's still the fee, that is a mysterious!

But now there's an option that includes shipping and taxes. It costs more, but that said:

«GOOD DEAL!!! Duty and Tax Prepaid - You won't need to pay for anything - 2 to 4 days delivery» It costs $45.50 for me, with 105 $ of material.

Anything? And VAT?

What do you think?

I started to buy a Weber speaker yesterday, they wanted $199 for shipping. I didn't buy a speaker from Weber yesterday. Every once in a while I see outrageous prices for freight, usually on the weekend. I'm thinking "system is down for maintenance".....

A month ago I was looking for a 17x8x3 hammond aluminum sheet enclosure and Mouser only wanted $7 for freight. SOLD!

Tayda is my cheapest shipping option. Oh, except for Mouser which is free if I buy more than Aust$60 worth of stuff. Don't forget Tayda are in Thailand. It's not their fault if shipping to you is expensive. For me it always seems to be between $8 and $12. If I buy stuff from Love My Switches it's waaaay more. But I do like their knobs and jack sockets. There, I said it: I like other mens knobs. I can't help it.

You should try buying transformers from Mercury Magnetics when you live in Australia. It's not funny!

Tayda is my cheapest shipping option. Oh, except for Mouser which is free if I buy more than Aust$60 worth of stuff. Don't forget Tayda are in Thailand. It's not their fault if shipping to you is expensive. For me it always seems to be between $8 and $12. If I buy stuff from Love My Switches it's waaaay more. But I do like their knobs and jack sockets. There, I said it: I like other mens knobs. I can't help it.

You should try buying transformers from Mercury Magnetics when you live in Australia. It's not funny!
FWIW I was first looking to pick up my first order (so stocking up on common resistors and capacitors and such) from Digikey since the shipping would be free over 50€, but it turns out Tayda was cheaper even with the shipping, plus of course there's the printing and drilling services (and colored enclosures in general) I've utilized a lot afterwards.

The shipping is not too bad here, but like others mentioned it's not really worth it for $20.

Tayda shipping is actually cheaper than PPCB, but of course that can't be helped - the US is just more expensive in general (except domestically, I guess).

I live about 5 miles away from Mercury Magnetics. I always do a 'will call' and pay $0.00 in freight!

These are all 5e3's I built on a contract, all MM iron.
1684766163822.png

One of the Hiwatt DR504's I built. I tried to find the picture with 6 of these all together, but I think I lost it on a hard drive that died.

1684766283734.png

+1 Aussie perspective (same here).

Tayda is great.
When you're marooned on an island where niche activities cost the earth, even getting slapped with $10USD shipping doesn't really feel that bad.
and boy howdy, Mouser goes alright on the free shipping for a big order.

but as soon as we wanna look at anything fancy or niche from LMS, SBP, SB, you're looking at anywhere between 20-90USD. Just no. No way Jose.

Tayda's prices are usually so good it's hard to go past them. I seem to sense a kind of bias against them from a few people and I don't quite understand why. Not accusing anyone here! But in the past I have read plenty of baseless allegations against them. Maybe it's because they're in Thailand?

It's frustrating when they sell out of Lumberg sockets or whatever but they're certainly not alone in that. When I can buy a well powder-coated enclosure in a rage of colours for less than a bare enclosure costs locally I'm impressed. And don't get me started on home much cheaper their switches and LEDs are then here in Australia. The difference can be staggering.

I wish they sold 1W carbon film resistors for my amp builds.

So where were these hiding?? I swear they weren't there last time I looked! Oh well, thanks!

Time to stock up. :) I use metal films for higher than 1W values but I'm perfectly happy with carbon film for the regular parts.

So where were these hiding?? I swear they weren't there last time I looked! Oh well, thanks!

Time to stock up. :) I use metal films for higher than 1W values but I'm perfectly happy with carbon film for the regular parts.
They weren’t there the first time I looked as well! On subsequent visits, I noticed that they had added them…

A lot of people use 1/4 W and 1/2 W resistors on amplifier circuits because it fits the spec. What they don’t realize is that a lot of the hiss that they end up with us because of those tiny little resistors.

I had always use the one watt CF
and then read that on Rob Robinette site!

Nothing against Tayda. I've had two successful orders with them. But I really like Stompbox Parts! Freight charges can go up or down. I remember what it cost to get a part from RCA emergency parts over-nighted. In 1980 the charge for a very small box was $50. When a broadcast video tape machine was down you needed to get it fixed as soon as possible!

I guess it's been awhile since I've placed an order with Tayda. Today I noticed the low cost USPS shipping option was no longer available. I've always thought this was great if you didn't mind waiting about 10 days.

I sent a message to them and this was their reply:

Unfortunately because of USPS price increases, we can't afford to offer the USPS shipping option anymore.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us.

I respectfully requested they reconsider their decision as many of us electronic hobbyists (aka guitar nerds:LOL:) in the U.S. take shipping costs into consideration when comparing prices between distributors.

I doubt my lone inquiry will change anything, but if others chime in...

I guess it's been awhile since I've placed an order with Tayda. Today I noticed the low cost USPS shipping option was no longer available. I've always thought this was great if you didn't mind waiting about 10 days.

I sent a message to them and this was their reply:

Unfortunately because of USPS price increases, we can't afford to offer the USPS shipping option anymore.
We apologize for the inconvenience. Thank you for choosing us.

I respectfully requested they reconsider their decision as many of us electronic hobbyists (aka guitar nerds:LOL:) in the U.S. take shipping costs into consideration when comparing prices between distributors.

I doubt my lone inquiry will change anything, but if others chime in...
You requested that they CAN afford it?!?! 😂

Back