SOLVED Teddy Rupture intense sound only with gain maxed

fontoponto

Hi everyone,
I built my own PCB with the Teddy Rupture schematic. No difference to the "original" I guess.
It sounds great but there is one downside, the most intense fuzz is only achived when I turn the fuzz to max so before 9.5 (as in 0-10) there is a fuzz sound but not as intense as I want it to be. Is there something I can change? The gain pot or add a resistor in series with the gain pot to start with a more heavy fuzz?
Thanks!

Solution
The transistors are maxed out in terms of gain potential. FOr more clipping you can either give it more input signal (booster or OD before it) or swap out the diodes for smaller voltage drop ones (think Germanium). Booster/OD pedal before it will be less work.
The transistors are maxed out in terms of gain potential. FOr more clipping you can either give it more input signal (booster or OD before it) or swap out the diodes for smaller voltage drop ones (think Germanium). Booster/OD pedal before it will be less work.

Solution
Sorry, I may have not correctly described my problem. Maxed out is fine but it would be better to have a smoother transition from to the extreme brutal fuzz. Low and medium is from 0 to 9,5 then its brutal all of a sudden.
More brutal would also be good.

try running a louder signal into the pedal and see if you reach your brutal fuzz levels sooner. if you are concerned that the pedal might not be working the way it is supposed to I suggest checking the part values. you can also post clear detailed pics of the board and others might assist in checking your resistor bands.

Problem solved. I feel so embarrassed. I only used my passive bass so far. There is always an issue with different pedals that I need a booster in front of it. But if your in a hurry you rather write stupid posts than think when you have time to do so.
Pushing it with another pedals helps a lot.
FWIW here are the resistors lift R1 to R6 from left to right (i did not take the order of the bands in consideration when putting them into the pcb :)
1673555450033.png
1673554835752.png

Last edited:
Back