Terrarium programming help

scott3t

Built the Terrarium a while ago and was able to get a delay and a reverb to run on it however I can't seem to get the LEDs or foot switches to do anything. I suspect the Terrarium header may be wrong or missing in the code. I need any type of complete tested and working Terrarium code. I'm using the Daisy Web Programmer.
I have checked all connections from the Seed and traced connections to FS1, FS2 as well as the LEDs, R5 and R8. From terminal 39 to the LED anodes I get 6.75 v. From terminal 40 I get connection to the LED cathodes. The seed power led lights up in both USB and with 9V.

Last edited:
Solution
I get no Voltage on the LED pins using Petal code or Terrarium code. All of the Petal examples work with the knobs functional but no LEDs or Footswitch functions.
Checked my LED's and I'm pretty sure they are installed correctly with the smaller anode to (A) and the larger Kathode to (K). I applied 4.5 volts to them and they light up
@scott3t Are you trying to load up the default Daisy programs using the Daisy Web Programmer - or programs that were written specifically for the Terrarium? I believe the Daisy Petal uses different pins for the footswitches and LEDs than the Terrarium, so they may not work if you are loading up the default Daisy Petal programs.

If you have not tried loading up a .bin file written for specifically for the Terrarium.....you can download one (like the one for the Rhythmic Delay here) and then use the "Or select a file from your computer" section of the Daisy Web Programmer to load it onto your Daisy Seed. If the footswitches and LEDs still don't work you may have to continue to look for hardware issues.

I suggest sending the company an email and ask whether you should get an exchange. I had one defective Seed that they replaced last year.

I have received another Seed from Electro-Smith and still can not get any of the code for Terrarium to work. No sound at all. From the Daisy Web Programmer, I got a Daisy Petal MultiDelay or Tremolo to work but the LEDs and foot switches do nothing. I can engage or bypass the delay/tremolo by flipping the mini toggles and the pots work as well. I have traced the from the Seed to the switches and LEDs as well as the grounds All are good.

Hmmmmm, that is strange. Do you have some close up images of the pedal guts?

I'm not sure why the audio would work for the Petal programs and not the Terrarium programs, they use the same audio pins on the Seed. The Petal & Terrarium use different pins for LEDs & footswitches - so it makes sense those would not work when loading up a Petal program. I made the attached pinout comparison a while ago, but I think it is still right.

Do the Seed pins for the LEDs change voltage when the LEDs are supposed to be on/off? If they do maybe the LEDs are backwards? I am not sure why the footswitches would not work, but you make sure the voltages for those switches change too when you press a switch.

Daisy_Petal_Terrarium_pinout.png

I get no Voltage on the LED pins using Petal code or Terrarium code. All of the Petal examples work with the knobs functional but no LEDs or Footswitch functions.
Checked my LED's and I'm pretty sure they are installed correctly with the smaller anode to (A) and the larger Kathode to (K). I applied 4.5 volts to them and they light up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 4.19.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-08-23 at 4.19.37 PM.jpg
    761.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Solution
Back