TH Black Eye (Soldano GTO) prototype build

The lovely DHL people just brought my new PCB order, so I have 20 more Black Eye boards. I have a bunch of stuff to do but I'll try to get onto the website tonight and get them posted.

I also got the revised boards for my Space Heater preamp, I hope to find time to verify that tonight so I can get those on the website as well.

IMG_20220708_154213.jpg

What gun are you using now? I have a 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660R that I’m fixing up and being able to coat all of the small parts would make life mucho easier.
Right now I'm using a Redline EZ50. It's not cheap, but it's by far the best gun I've used. I started with the Harbor Freight gun and that was okay to learn with, but it seemed like some powders didn't like it very much. Then I upgraded to the Eastwood PCS-250 which was a lot better, but the construction wasn't super solid and I'm super clumsy, so I broke it after a few months. I had been eying the Redline and it seemed like a lot of money, but I said screw it, it's a tax deduction anyway. And I love it, I've had zero problems with it.

I obviously mostly coat pedal enclosures, but I also do the occasional guitar/amp hardware and household stuff (recently did door hinges, stair railing mounts, and an outdoor light fixture for the house).

Last edited:
I keep hitting refresh!!!
I just updated the website, it should say 20 in stock now. So @giovanni @Fingolfen @cwsquared @Feral Feline and @szukalski, have at it my dudes.

Unfortunately there still seems to be something wrong with the Space Heater board design. It's weird, it's hands-down the simplest preamp I make, and I can't seem to get a DIY version of it working o_O back to the drawing board, I guess.

Thanks a bunch! I've got two Black Eyes...

Black Eyes.jpeg
... and a High Voltage, too.

Pity 'bout the Space Heater — Looking forward to ordering that one when it gets sorted out.

Right now I'm using a Redline EZ50.
Good to know. Right now I'm playing with a Harbor Freight gun while I get my booth and oven set up and have been eyeballing the Redline. I've been hammering on a ground rod for weeks now, it's just been too damned hot to stay out there very long! :ROFLMAO:

It rained last night so today will probably be a good day to finish that up.

Are powder changes fairly easy with that one?

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to know. Right now I'm playing with a Harbor Freight gun while I get my booth and oven set up and have been eyeballing the Redline. I've been hammering on a ground rod for weeks now, it's just been too damned hot to stay out there very long! :ROFLMAO:

It rained last night so today will probably be a good day to finish that up.

Are powder changes fairly easy with that one?
Easy-ish. You still have to clean out the gun during the swap, but I think it's the easiest of the ones I've used to clean.

Back