The square pad for Diodes

djmiyta

Can someone please tell me the orientation of the 2 diodes I've got circled in this picture. It only shows a square pad but I don't know if that's the anode or cathode
Help an old man aspire to ..... something better. You could hold the key to my albatross which weighs heavy on my soul.
Hey thanks for taking some time and looking at this.

Attachments

• 002- openhaus layout A3.pdf
    239.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Can someone please tell me the orientation of the 2 diodes I've got circled in this picture. It only shows a square pad but I don't know if that's the anode or cathode
Help an old man aspire to ..... something better. You could hold the key to my albatross which weighs heavy on my soul.
Hey thanks for taking some time and looking at this.
A schematic would be very helpful to know for certain, but D1 round pad connects to ground and square pad connects to 18V. Square pad should be cathode, otherwise, you'd just be shorting to ground.

A schematic would be very helpful to know for certain, but D1 round pad connects to ground and square pad connects to 18V. Square pad should be cathode, otherwise, you'd just be shorting to ground.
Some more digging around I'm sure I could find one .But you answered my question and verified what I thought but wasn't 100% .....unless we're both wrong. and I think youre right so how could I go wrong Thanks for taking a minute really appreciate it.

Some more digging around I'm sure I could find one .But you answered my question and verified what I thought but wasn't 100% .....unless we're both wrong. and I think youre right so how could I go wrong Thanks for taking a minute really appreciate it.
You’re both correct.

Back