The Week on the Breadboard: Chuck's Buzzaround

Nice layout. DIPtrace likes to auto-route traces close to pads and other traces because it doesn't look ahead and see how much room it actually needs to route all of the traces. You can go back and clean stuff up as req'd. I'd move the Vcc trace away from D1's cathode.

If you're going for the visual appeal of maximum symmetry, then move C4 to the right. ;)

If you want a thorough review, email me your DIP and DCH files.

Nice layout. DIPtrace likes to auto-route traces close to pads and other traces because it doesn't look ahead and see how much room it actually needs to route all of the traces. You can go back and clean stuff up as req'd. I'd move the Vcc trace away from D1's cathode.

If you're going for the visual appeal of maximum symmetry, then move C4 to the right. ;)

If you want a thorough review, email me your DIP and DCH files.

Will do on all of these fronts! I'll clean up the traces before I send it over, I actually did not use the autoroute so I don't even have the benefit of blaming it on the software hahaha

Buzz buzz here's my deranged Uncle Syd.
It's ripping, unruly in a great way, in yer face and touch sensitive too, especially with fuzz dialed down and / or guitar vol down.
Very cool and fun. Lots of shades of grind with the Timbre dial in connection of using tone pot on axe.
I did implement it with buffer so it plays nicely with other following pedals, using a J112.
Germanium is a MP38A with a fairly high Hfe of 102 and Iceo 200uA, I settled for a Mullard oA6 diode with Uf 330mV.

Buzz buzz!

umzBW8Y.jpg

B8mJDAs.jpg

SDctpJK.jpg

3sHXHrg.jpg

o82bSom.jpg

Back