Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Source Audio Collider

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Strymon Flint V1

Votes: 4 20.0%
  • UA Golden Reverberator

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
It turns out that reverse psychology obviously works for me as I went for the chase bliss dork world (🤣🤣🤣 @Harry Klippton )

I just loved the sounds from both sides of it from what I listened to and all the switching options are super-interesting. I’ll probably get the faves MIDI switch for it to access footswitchable presets. They are about £50 on reverb. If I don’t bond with the dork world - I think it would sell for a similar price so hopefully wouldn’t loose any money in trying it out.

I really wanted the big sky but the one I was bidding on went for almost £400 which was way more than what I wanted to spend.

Thanks for all your comments. I might post a thread with some gut shots of it as I think it’s just two FV-1 reverbs.

I've never really gotten into Reverb pedals, I guess my main amp being a Twin Reverb I've never really needed one. I think I have a RV-7 or something like that I picked up when I got my Marshall. May have to look at these a little closer.

Last edited:
I really wanted the big sky but the one I was bidding on went for almost £400 which was way more than what I wanted to spend.

Thanks for all your comments. I might post a thread with some gut shots of it as I think it’s just two FV-1 reverbs.

That's nuts a new one is only £449! I'd rather buy new and get a warranty if you're only saving £50 over new.

Definitely post gut shots of the dark world.

I’ve liked-not-loved every Boss reverb I’ve used, but I am very interested in the rv-200. Been plotting lol.

Me too. I've been using a hx stomp for delays and reverbs in the loop of my jvm but the lack of analog dry through and having to dive into a menu to change things in the fly has me looking at alternatives. I love the wysiwyg approach of the Boss 200 series.

Yeah it’s seems like you could cover so much ground with those two. I love my hydra too much to be interested in any other delays at the moment.

I've been looking at the hydra and the other fv1 pedals but still haven't built one. Are the pedalpcb fv1 projects analog dry through?

While it felt weird and dirty ordering a digital non diy pedal but I had to do it eventually. I got my vibro champ and it has no reverb. While I have a spring option in my deadendfx hooke, I really love plate reverb and there are no really good diy options. Belton bricks sound terrible and fv-1 simply doesn't have the fidelity. I ended up ordering a UAFX heavenly, their dedicated plate reverb pedal. I have high hopes as the videos I've watched sound really good. 🤞

While it felt weird and dirty ordering a digital non diy pedal but I had to do it eventually. I got my vibro champ and it has no reverb. While I have a spring option in my deadendfx hooke, I really love plate reverb and there are no really good diy options. Belton bricks sound terrible and fv-1 simply doesn't have the fidelity. I ended up ordering a UAFX heavenly, their dedicated plate reverb pedal. I have high hopes as the videos I've watched sound really good. 🤞
Fwiw, the Del Verb I rented and reluctantly gave back at the end of the rental sounded unbelievably good. Curious to hear how the heavenly works out for you.

Yep! The hydra is the best FV-1 DIY circuit IMO. Does the helix have an echo Rex style delay @SillyOctpuss ?

Yeah there's all the algorithms you'd expect analogue, tape, drum etc and then some cool effected delays that are pretty unique to helix.

@Guardians of the analog - I’m a big fan of plate reverb too. Let us know how it works with the vibro champ. I think reverb is where (at the moment) DIY can’t perform as well the more complex non-DIY products.

The ambient plate reverb in the Helix is my favourite reverb ever. I do love my Helix but have noticed it doesn't handle fuzz very well in front of it. My deep blue delay clone is analogue dry through and it sounds great with a fuzz into it, so I'm contemplating switching to something else.

First I've heard of the RV-200 and I'm stoked. I started a nearly identical thread a week before this one, minus the pole. I ended up (drunk) buying a oceans 12 on reverb. Should be here tomorrow. I'm an ehx fanboy so we'll see. But the boss is intriguing. But it's going for as much or a little more than a used rv-500. But, it has a reverse!
Also recently bought my second ever piece of line 6 gear, an hd500x. Got it for 100 moon pesos but need to replace a pot on it. I dislike most of line 6s amp sims and distortions, always have a weird nondynamic compression that turned me off. But I bought it for the extra fx. Don't know if it will stick around but for the price, will be fun to toy with. Want to do a few things that would take a lot of specialized pedals and routing to do otherwise. Anyway. Back on the tracks.

Can you boss 200 series have a pedal be the midi master, and change presets on multiples from one pedal? Or do you still need an external host?

Is there a good reverb option below $300?

I use an RV-6. Works for me, but I haven't experienced these high end ones.

Back