Timmy derivatives?

The Southern Belle is a tweaked Mach 1 with hard-clippers. (The schematic for the Precipice hasn't been posted yet but based on parts count and being a Greer circuit I wouldn't be surprised if it had familial resemblance too)

The Powder Blue is a tweaked Timmy

The Fordoble schematic hasn't been posted yet but I'm guessing it'll be Timmy-ish

Depending on how loosely we're defining "Timmy derived", some Rockett circuits bear resemblance so maybe the Mammal (and other circuits that can be built on the Mammal board, like the Rockett Blue Note)?

The ZenDrive and its derivatives bear a lot of resemblance to the Timmy (I can't remember which circuit came out first and it's entirely possible they were just parallel thinking), and there are lots of ZenDrive derivatives in PPCB's library too

Last edited:
Yah clippers to ground instead of feedback like the Timmy. It sounds nothing like the Hatchet though.
Great pedal but off topic heh.
Haven’t seen the Hatchet schematic, but that Precipice schematic definitely looks a *lot* like an OCD:

variable op-amp gain stage -> hard clippers -> fixed op-amp gain stage -> passive tone control -> output volume control

(Even uses the TL082!)

Reactions: spi
The Precipice looks like the Hatchet (which is 250/Dist+ derived).
Took a look at the schematic, not sure it really looks like a 250/D+ circuit beyond being an op-amp circuit with hard clippers? The gain control is in the feedback loop instead of going to ground

I think it looks kinda like half of an OCD, similar to how a few different Rockett circuits look like half of a Timmy

MDMA OD (Wampler Ecstacy/Euphoria) has the Timmy's Bass Control.
It's a YATS/Voodoo Labs OD mashup that also has a treble roll off control plus soft/none/hard clipping options.

Took a look at the schematic, not sure it really looks like a 250/D+ circuit beyond being an op-amp circuit with hard clippers? The gain control is in the feedback loop instead of going to ground

I think it looks kinda like half of an OCD, similar to how a few different Rockett circuits look like half of a Timmy
Yeah, to me the 250 is a non-inverting feedback into clippers. You can put a pot on either side of the voltage divider that controls the gain, it still serves the same function.

So I consider the OCD to be 250 based too. Maybe I'm too loose with my definitions though!

Last edited:
You can put a pot on either side of the voltage divider that controls the gain, it still serves the same function.
Not exactly, in the D+/250 circuit, due to the pot’s placement the bass cutoff frequency changes as gain is increased, that’s why subsequent pedal designs (like the Rat) moved it

The Luxury 763 (Lovepedal BF Deluxe) is YAT with TS-style clipping (one of the Timmy's toggle options).

The Grey/Gold Ghost Super Six is virtually identical to the "Super Stevie" (Super Six SRV Mod), but that's not surprising considering all of these pedals are derivatives of the OD11, which is a derivative of the Timmy.

The most interesting to me is the Lovepedal Brownface Deluxe, which can be built on a Luxury 763 PCB with the following changes:

D1 and D2: yellow diffused LEDs
R3: 3.3k
R7: 3.3k
Gain: A250k
Treble: B10k
Volume: A10k

And yes, it's extremely low gain!

Last edited:
Haven’t seen the Hatchet schematic, but that Precipice schematic definitely looks a *lot* like an OCD:

variable op-amp gain stage -> hard clippers -> fixed op-amp gain stage -> passive tone control -> output volume control

(Even uses the TL082!)
That's says, TL082? The printing on my board is so bad that looks like TL062....

Here's the schematic for the Precipice...it's not a Timmy....more like an MIAB
That has nothing in common with the MIAB pedals though...
One could argue it resembles an OCD actually, but it's just a basic hard clipper into a boost stage with a basic tone control.

Back