Tommy v3 No sound

tedbrackets

Hello this is my first build + first time to solder so excuse my messiness 😅..

I thought I had everything correct but I'm not sure why I'm getting sound only when bypassed also the led is working fine, so I'm not sure what is the issue exactly.

Attachments

• 17076694206135859298974527286402.jpg
    17076694206135859298974527286402.jpg
    393.4 KB · Views: 24
I just had a build where I did everything right and it turned out being a defective trace in the PCB. I added a jumper and it was all good. It's not that common although it's happened to me twice in about a year and a half. I'd check some voltages with a multimeter. The LED is lighting so voltage is coming in. I'd Start with the IC. The top right pin (pin8) on the IC should be 9v. Also, I'm Not sure if a broken dpdt switch would make the pedal not work but if you apply alot of heat to those dpdt switches it's possible to melt them inside. I usually solder one or two lugs then wait a bit and then another two etc.

Last edited:
I just had a build where I did everything right and it turned out being a defective trace in the PCB. I added a jumper and it was all good. It's not that common although it's happened to me twice in about a year and a half. I'd check some voltages with a multimeter. The LED is lighting so voltage is coming in. I'd Start with the IC. The top right pin (pin8) on the IC should be 9v. Also, I'm Not sure if a broken dpdt switch would make the pedal not work but if you apply alot of heat to those dpdt switches it's possible to melt them inside. I usually solder one or two lugs then wait a bit and then another two etc.
Thank you that's very useful to know!

I'd swap out the IC and recheck all your solder joints. If all the soldering, wiring and IC is ok and you're getting bypass signal and LED then I'd suspect it's one of the two switches that's defective or it's the PCB. I've never had a bad capacitor before but I guess it's possible?

Back