Underminer Sub-Octave / Cream Pie Fuzz / Speaker Cranker

Nic

Build Rating
4.00 star(s)
Ok, so I think the time has now come for me to grab the Talking Stick and present to you some of my completed builds. I'm kind of new to this hobby that I found a few months ago... looks like I'm already hooked. I've still got some builds to perfect before making reports on them as I still found them to not be perfect, but I've boxed my underminer yesterday night (for the 3rd time I think) after reflowing some solder joints and a broken wire. For the first time I've heard that pedal act as it should on every settings. I already liked it before, but now I'm really impressed by it, even though I'm not sure it's a keeper. I still have a spare chip if I've ever decide to make another. The graphics where supposed to be yellow and green, but I've learned with that build that laserjet printed label over a dark enclosure is not ideal.

That thing is so glitchy, I've played a little on it with my bass (I'm really not that good, so don't expect a demo) and the gaming sounds that comes out of this little box matches perfectly with the design I gave it.

20221017_183551.jpg

20221017_183934.jpg

Second is a fuzz pedal I've built for my wife. She is the guitar player here. The inspiration on this came from her not being super impressed with her Big Muff OpAmp and wanting to give fuzz another try. The graphics were inspired by her little Vox AC4TV. I tried to go with the Cream Pie Fuzz for the simplicity of the circuit. We both were satisfied with the sound of the thing, it's just the right amount of fuzziness that she needs. To have more fun, I chose a larger enclosure and took the opportunity to try a few things. I build a Speaker Cranker on a perforated board and added it with an order switch for the two circuits. I've also added an on/off switch because of too much battery drained by a plugged input cable. That went really well, just had to touch up one solder on the transistor. The result is... meh... with the cranker in front, but kind of good after the fuzz.

20220904_162604.jpg

20220904_162641.jpg

20220904_162521.jpg

20220904_155412.jpg

So hope you enjoy the gutshots. And I'll pass back the Talking Stick to the next builder ... 90% of chances it will be MichaelW, that guy is a machine! ;)

Oh yeah, english is not my first language, please be kind to me ;)

Thank you Fig! That one has really thought me a few things, both inside and out ! I really like how it came out.

Back