Using the Auditorium with non-PedalPCB projects

Caedarn

I love the Auditorium test platform and was wondering if anyone has used it to test PCBs from Aion? I’m not sure on how to make the connections correctly and was hoping to get pointed in the right direction.
Thanks!

As long as you can find an in, out, ground, and power connection that should be sufficient
Thanks. Aion projects all use an I/O switch board and this is what’s been throwing me. I’ve been stuck on thinking I need to connect the ‘main’ board only, and omit the I/O board. But you’re right of course - I can just wire up both boards together and connect the pair. This just means the footswitch is in the circuit, where on a PPCB project it wouldnt be.

Unless it's one of the buffered Aion projects, you shouldn't need to connect the footswitch daughterboard in order to test the circuit. Note, however, that the daughterboard usually contains the polarity protection diode and one of the power filtering caps (in addition to the CLR and the LED). So, be sure about your power connections.

On the main board, try just the pads IN and OUT for the switch and the +V and GND for power. You won't be testing the LED, but you can still verify the circuit.

Unless it's one of the buffered Aion projects, you shouldn't need to connect the footswitch daughterboard in order to test the circuit. Note, however, that the daughterboard usually contains the polarity protection diode and one of the power filtering caps (in addition to the CLR and the LED). So, be sure about your power connections.

On the main board, try just the pads IN and OUT for the switch and the +V and GND for power. You won't be testing the LED, but you can still verify the circuit.
Thanks. I think I was having a mental block on the "SW" terminal on the Auditorium, which I left unconnected. This serves no function with an Aion board.

Back