Auditorium test platform

lushhush

So I’m not sure what to do with the switch. I’ve got all the other pieces soldered on, and I’m working on my first build, but not sure how to test with the switch. Do I even solder the switch in? Doesn’t look like there’s much space with the holes on the pins. I imagine I’ll wire from the board to + - in, out, etc into the blue pieces, but not sure.
Is it possible to test the Platform by straight up instrument to platform to amp? Any pictures detailing these connections? The one other thread with a setup pic isn’t very clear and doesn’t show the switch

This is an assembled Auditorium.

The +/- pads at the top of the PCB being tested go to the terminal block near the jacks.

The IN/GND/SW/OUT pads at the bottom of the PCB being tested go to the terminal block near the toggle switch.

The pads are reversed (OUT/SW/GND/IN) on the Auditorium because you'll typically be testing with the pedal PCB flipped component side down (with the pots facing towards you).

I keep a set of Male/Male breadboard jumper wires fastened to the terminal blocks at all times. When testing a PCB I just solder them to the pads of the PCB, then remove them when I'm done testing.

1666930486449.png

1666979633239.png

Last edited:
Here's what I do: Solder socket pins to alligator clip one end, other end male breadboard pin.
Find more tips here.

d1600bda-b1ae-4561-b803-3aece1671062-jpeg.24221

3702d89f-2cef-46b4-83e9-877f6de5ebeb-jpeg.24222

EDIT: sorry, OP was after Auditorium advice, not (Mini) protoboard info. Nonetheless, I'll let this post stand as it may yet still prove useful for some.

So I’m not sure what to do with the switch. I’ve got all the other pieces soldered on, and I’m working on my first build, but not sure how to test with the switch. Do I even solder the switch in? Doesn’t look like there’s much space with the holes on the pins. I imagine I’ll wire from the board to + - in, out, etc into the blue pieces, but not sure.
Is it possible to test the Platform by straight up instrument to platform to amp? Any pictures detailing these connections? The one other thread with a setup pic isn’t very clear and doesn’t show the switch

Switch was a tight fit on my Auditorium, but I got it in and soldered it in place.

An aside, the pic Robert posted of his Auditorium isn't loading for me.

Last edited:
Here's what I do: Solder socket pins to alligator clip one end, other end male breadboard pin.
Find more tips here.

EDIT: sorry, OP was after Auditorium advice, not (Mini) protoboard info. Nonetheless, I'll let this post stand as it may yet still prove useful for some.

Switch was a tight fit on my Auditorium, but I got it in and soldered it in place.

I need to do this!

This is an assembled Auditorium.

The +/- pads at the top of the PCB being tested go to the terminal block near the jacks.

The IN/GND/SW/OUT pads at the bottom of the PCB being tested go to the terminal block near the toggle switch.

The pads are reversed (OUT/SW/GND/IN) on the Auditorium because you'll typically be testing with the pedal PCB flipped component side down (with the pots facing towards you).

I keep a set of Male/Male breadboard jumper wires fastened to the terminal blocks at all times. When testing a PCB I just solder them to the pads of the PCB, then remove them when I'm done testing.

View attachment 34612

Auditorium-Assembled.jpg
Is there a ground pour underneath that solder mask? Or on the bottom side? Thanks.

It's on the bottom, I didn't sharp component leads shorting against the top.
Thanks. I need all the shielding I can get for testing high gain stuff on the bench. Now I'll order one, rather than make my own👍

Find more tips here.

🤯

I also have MM jumpers in the terminal blocks but I just stick them in the PCB pads and hope for the best. And the pots and switches are stuck in the PCB the same way because I test my builds way before I have access to the drilled enclosures. Lots of jiggling till it works but I hate desoldering stuff.

I typically just pre-wire and have the wire leads connected, that way if everything is fine I'm good to do final hook-up...

But I really love the socket-pin alligator clip option. I'm going to have to try that...

I'm still not getting @Robert's Auditorium pic as I should. I thought if I refreshed my browser and opened the thread in another window it'd come up, but this is what I'm getting:

Auditorium pic Greyed.png

Find more tips here.

That is pretty cool! I have a set of clips that don't clamp (came that way). Gonna do this to them.

Back