What do people like to use for LED's and bezels?

I don't use ones with their own resistor ever so I can't really speak to that. As far as tayda pre drills, you have the pedalpcb ones and the generic ones. For pedalpcb you have 2 options.
https://www.taydaelectronics.com/3mm-led-lampshade-protector-clear.html
I'm finishing 2 pedals this week, both using PPCB pre-drilled enclosure and those 3mm lampshade from Tayda, and unfortunately, both are just a tad loose in the holes and I had to hot glue the lens. Weird, as habitually, they fit and are solid, and not a big thing to fix.
Apart from that, I prefer this style of bevel/lens, usually in 5mm, but with the pre-drilled it's an easy fit for the 3mm.
But on the odd build, something different is nice (colored lens; raised lens à la old machinery; chrome conical bezel, etc.).

Those clear lens are imperial sized. I bought a 1/4" drill bit for the 5mm bezels. Pretty tight fit but 7mm holes are too loose.

Sorry if I missed this, what size y'all drill for the 5mm lampshade lenses from tayda? I'd rather use the 3mm one but I'm partial to the pink LEDs and tayda only has those in 5mm

Sorry if I missed this, what size y'all drill for the 5mm lampshade lenses from tayda? I'd rather use the 3mm one but I'm partial to the pink LEDs and tayda only has those in 5mm
it's supposed to be 1/4" or 6.3mm. 6mm is tight so use a round metal file to enlarge the hole, my 1/4" is still a bit tight but close, 7mm is loose but it'll work.

5mm LED's always looked to small to me, so I use 8mm's on all of my builds.
There's always room for them and I think they make for a more balanced look. Also, with the help of my 3d-printed brackets, I'm able to mount different colors of smaller LED's underneath the 8mm's for some fun effects. This is old news to a lot of you guys, but hey.. LED thread!

I wired this one with a momentary switch that swaps the red POT' value with the green POT' when the switch is activated- the switch also toggles between the 8mm red LED and the 2 5mm green LED's underneath it:
4HKXakV.jpg

Here's one of those brackets I'm so proud of:
mpyV7dM.jpg

Sometimes I go against my better judgement and install THREE different colors in there.. Here's what I did for my PedalPCB Irrlicht (EQD White Light.) R.G.B. = White light..get it?
aLhAlsu.jpg

Anyhow, that's what I think about LED's.
@Chuck D. Bones I tried one of those 10mm monsters on a build but I just can't hang- they're TOO big for me, but it's great to see them put to good use!
Here's the difference between 8mm - 10mm:
20uIAW9.jpg

*If anybody needs 10mm white LED's.. let me know. I've got a bag of about 98 of em'.

Last edited:
These are my favorite:

Drill a 1/4" hole (I think, I always have to double check) and press it in. The LED pops in and stays in place. It diffuses the ultra bright LEDs a tad also. I don't have a pic of any of my pedals with them right at the moment.
I like those, too.

Attachments

• IMG_20221118_145958956_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20221118_145958956_HDR.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 10
Back