what is this?... TL072

tit

hi!

could anyone guess what I've planned to make with those?
it was a while, so i don't remember a bit.
it was a real shock, the moment I've discovered these.

18MDSHY TL072 might be an alternative for some other IC, in case it were unavailable for me

big thanks and real shout out for every man of fulture
20230501_032129.jpg

Last edited:
Seems someone recorded the date code rather than the part number. TL072 or TL082 should do fine.

I plugged TL072 and your pots into https://dvhx.github.io/what-can-i-build/, but I don't think anything in that site's database fits. I put in all caps, diodes and resistors as available and you're off of a Bluesbreaker by one pot value being wrong, but then you don't have anywhere near enough resistors or diodes.
I've looked at this thread a few times and I haven't come up with anything, but this website is incredible and something I've always wanted because I have a lot of random parts and an itch to build something often so thanks for sharing!

It is not suitable for a PedalPCB with those Pots, 1000uf is not usable in a pedal
Maybe it was wrong of me, but most of my builds from the 80s until the early teens often used large power supply caps. I came from a background of doing stereo tweaking, and the most common start was to replace the supply caps, usually by a factor of 6 to 10x. By the teens I had finally begin to understand that having a less rigid power supply made pedals less stiff, they breathe more. (I suppose they’re really catching their breath, not breathing more…)

My guess, based on boxes I find in my attic of similar parts collections, is that this was for a pedal, probably a strip board or old school pcb build, where Eve.ry thing was wired off board.

yeah, you're guys are cool, thank you all for every message

i think that was just a basic'iest guitar preamp build attempt.

I've looked at this thread a few times and I haven't come up with anything, but this website is incredible and something I've always wanted because I have a lot of random parts and an itch to build something often so thanks for sharing!
yo check this too

Back