What's on the workbench?

Big Monk

unknown.png

YYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!

Preverb

Just wondering if the standard pre-drilled Tayda 3 hole 125b enclosure would work if you left out the vibe/chorus switch??

Big Monk

I guess I assumed the chorus wouldn't be that great compared to a dedicated pedal like the Julia. But you might have a good point. I don't use Chorus much so perhaps this would work.

That’s kind of confusing. The Vibe in Vibe/Chorus is actually Vibrato and the Chorus is actually the classic Univibe sound.

I’m not typically a fan of the Vibrato sound but since I increased the speed on my full size ElectroVibe it got way better.

Also, Vibrato gets better at more, for lack of a better term, intense Intensity settings. Which stinks because if you have the pedal biased for great Chorus (UniVibe) it is typically too weak for a good Vibrato sound.

I’ve got a little breakout board in the works to make the gain and offset trim pots controllable externally.

Preverb

That’s kind of confusing. The Vibe in Vibe/Chorus is actually Vibrato and the Chorus is actually the classic Univibe sound.

I’m not typically a fan of the Vibrato sound but since I increased the speed on my full size ElectroVibe it got way better.

Also, Vibrato gets better at more, for lack of a better term, intense Intensity settings. Which stinks because if you have the pedal biased for great Chorus (UniVibe) it is typically too weak for a good Vibrato sound.

I’ve got a little breakout board in the works to make the gain and offset trim pots controllable externally.

Ah that makes sense. I am not that familiar with these besides the few times I used one in Helix. I remember someone mentioned that the non-Vibe mode wasn't that great so that must of referred to the vibrato. I will probably have a dedicated tremolo pedal so maybe my original idea of deleting the switch would still apply. I am just planning out possible pedals I will want (and wasting hours on Illustrator having the designs pre-made). I am thinking of ordering several pcbs and just having them shipped to a relative's house in Canada since shipping to Australia takes so long.

music6000

You could try this if you are up to it!
They will be Opposite Rotation !!!
They just mount on the opposite side of the board :
Electrovibe with External Trimmers.jpg
ITP_3362_P_T.JPG

Big Monk

ITP_3362_P_T.JPG

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of a breakout board and these:

BBF992C0-FC88-4141-9F68-7021D038063A.jpeg

I could just move the switch over. I’m not 100% settled on it yet but I definitely want Gain and Offset easily adjustable for tuning the Vibrato side on the fly. I’ve really started to enjoy the Vibrato side.

~nick~

Not a bad idea. I was thinking of a breakout board and these:

View attachment 18994

I could just move the switch over. I’m not 100% settled on it yet but I definitely want Gain and Offset easily adjustable for tuning the Vibrato side on the fly. I’ve really started to enjoy the Vibrato side.
View attachment 18992
ITP_3362_P_T.JPG
What are the part numbers for these, and where can I get 'em!? :oops:(y)

Bricksnbeatles

687330EE-E579-462D-8144-B54E36EF7CAE.png 70020557-B916-48D2-9B40-7A64EF1B7695.png
Quite interesting! A fully-parametric 3 band in a 125B??? That’s quite impressive— sure to make it to my small acoustic board! Will it be using concentric pots for frequency and Q to reduce the overall footprint from 10 knob-spots to 7, or will it use a mini pot config like the WMD utility parametric?

PedalPCB

Robert (Admin)
Staff member
Coincidentally the control layout looks quite similar to the Utility Parametric EQ (although the rows are arranged differently), and I've never seen that one before just now.

Current mockup, but subject to change so don't start drilling just yet. :ROFLMAO:
1640287637717.png

Last edited:

Bricksnbeatles

Coincidentally the control layout looks quite similar to the Utility Parametric EQ (although the rows are arranged differently), and I've never seen that one before just now.
Coincidentally, I had never seen the Utility Parametric before until I saw the Paraphrase in the ‘New’ section and looked up to see if there were ever any other 3 band fully parametrics in an enclosure smaller than a BB