What's on the workbench?

Something that I thought could be cool with these faceplates are two points at the 7AM and 5PM positions which would make lining up the knobs super easy (honestly it's probably the thing I hate most about building pedals :ROFLMAO:)

EDIT: pot indicators is the word I was looking for

Last edited:
Cool so pretty much the cataclysm with a separately switchable modulation added in?

Yep. I haven't decided if I want to go 1590BB with modulation footswitch or 125B with a single footswitch.

How often would you want to turn on the modulation by footswitch? 🤔

Yep. I haven't decided if I want to go 1590BB with modulation footswitch or 125B with a single footswitch.

Personally I think the bigger enclosure tradeoff just to get a footswitchable modulation is not worth it.

As it is I don’t know if this would make sense for me seeing as i have a cataclysm and a dark rift but if I didn’t have either I’d build this over the cataclysm for sure

It might actually replace the Cataclysm project since it's essentially the same thing with modulation.

Turn Depth all the way down and it's identical.

If it goes into a 125B there's no reason to keep both projects.

It might actually replace the Cataclysm project since it's essentially the same thing with modulation.

Turn Depth all the way down and it's identical.

If it goes into a 125B there's no reason to keep both projects.
Definitely. Also now that I think about it, I rarely use the dark rift for all the crazy things it can do. This pedal might actually be a decent replacement for the two of them on my board. I’ll always keep the dark rift but for board space I like this

Assuming the modulation would instead be put on a toggle switch, it would be easy enough to wire up the modulation switch off-board for a footswitch if someone is so inclined. I vote 125B

It's a 6-knobber so a toggle switch would be a bit crowded, but not impossible.

I was thinking you could just turn down the depth to disable modulation... we'll see.

Opened up my Dracarys with the intentions of tracing it, or trying to anyway. It has a couple hundred parts, so I closed it back up. Too many to fit into a 125B, more than I want to try, anyway.

Opened up my Dracarys with the intentions of tracing it, or trying to anyway. It has a couple hundred parts, so I closed it back up. Too many to fit into a 125B, more than I want to try, anyway.

I traced it a few months ago, it's in line for a layout sometime in the near future.

Be careful if you aren't familiar with SMD film caps (it has quite a few). You can't accurately measure them in-circuit but they're plastic and will melt almost instantly if you hit them with the soldering iron.

1641781403592.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Back