What's your favorite tremolo pedal circuit?

The tremolo in my Brown Deluxe clone is about as good as it gets. For pedals the Flint is close but the built-in is better. I built an EA trem years ago and was impressed, especially for how simple it is.

A lot of tremolo pedals seem compressed or too quiet - there are loads of ways to mess up a trem! And once you've tried bias trem the roach trem of a BF Fender sounds lame.

I really like my aion luna, 4ms Tremulus Lune clone. I keep looking at other tremolos, but this does everything I want.

The moonshot tremolo is my favourite. It doesn’t colour my tone. Which is what I found to be an issue with most, including the trembling loon. It has a volume control, which is an important feature. And it can be hummingbird fast. It’s been on my board for almost two years. It’s been a set and forget pedal, aside from speed adjustment. I feel that tap tempo is more useful with delay pedals, and not necessary with tremolo. For what I play at least. I was very happy when the tremolo rabbit hole ended for me, with the moonshot.
The Quaverato is a fantastic kit. Easy and fun to build. With tap tempo and many wave shape settings. Check that one out. It could be what you are searching for.

I like the hard chop of a Vox Repeat Percussion (PedalPCB Woodpecker aka EQD Hummingbird).

Tap-Tempo list:_______
Delyk Cherry Pie (Drolo TwinPeaks)
Madbean Dig Dug
Madbean Glasshole
Madbean Tapanator
Madbean Wavelord
MusicPCB
Sabro's Tremulous Lune
Zeppelin Labs Quaveratto

I've built the Quaveratto, and have PCBs for the others except for the MusicPCB and Sabro is a vero build.
I've had the Cherry Pie PCB the longest, but have the Glasshole 1/2 built.

I like the hard chop of a Vox Repeat Percussion (PedalPCB Woodpecker aka EQD Hummingbird).

Tap-Tempo list:_______
Delyk Cherry Pie (Drolo TwinPeaks)
Madbean Dig Dug
Madbean Glasshole
Madbean Tapanator
Madbean Wavelord
MusicPCB
Sabro's Tremulous Lune
Zeppelin Labs Quaveratto

I've built the Quaveratto, and have PCBs for the others except for the MusicPCB and Sabro is a vero build.
I've had the Cherry Pie PCB the longest, but have the Glasshole 1/2 built.
Isn’t the Glasshole a phaser though….

Isn’t the Glasshole a phaser though….
Yes, it is.

It snuck into the conversation because it can receive tap-impulse signals from the Wavelord or Tapanator (probably Dig Dug, too [EDIT probably not the DigDug which uses the Molten Voltage MV-52B chip]) or anything that outputs tap-impulses using the Electric Druid TAPLFO3 chip.

Back