Woodpecker Tremolo static noise with depth control

I have put together the Woodpecker tremolo and it's working great. The only thing I notice is when I adjust the depth pot I get a real light static sound as I'm adjusting the depth control... I've swapped out the pot so I know that's not the issue.... Anyone else have this going on? Is it just part of this design?

I have put together the Woodpecker tremolo and it's working great. The only thing I notice is when I adjust the depth pot I get a real light static sound as I'm adjusting the depth control... I've swapped out the pot so I know that's not the issue.... Anyone else have this going on? Is it just part of this design?
It's not part of the design. If you've swapped the pot and are still gettin the issue, perhaps it's a grounding issue. Can you post some photos?

Reactions: Nic
Got pictures, it sounds like some DC voltage where it’s not supposed to be. Did you clean the flux off with isopropyl? Check all your polarities and reflow your solder joints. It’s a small board, so doing them all won’t hurt.

Got pictures, it sounds like some DC voltage where it’s not supposed to be. Did you clean the flux off with isopropyl? Check all your polarities and reflow your solder joints. It’s a small board, so doing them all won’t hurt.
My first thought was DC on the pot, but I didn't measure any DC there... I did not clean off the flux. I usually don't. I've been using the same brand and type for decades...it's supposed to be "no clean". It hasn't been an issue in the past, but I'll clean it off and see if that does the trick.

Back