XR2206CP Sources

I've looked at those a few times too. Next time I order from Jameco I plan to pop one in the cart and see. I don't see them at Cabintech, but Retroamplis has some.

Banzai used to have good stock. Not sure if that's still the case.

Also, has some luck with pulling the 2206s out of some of those function generator kits on Amazon

I guess the question is which builds. Some don't need them exclusively.
Death by Audio Echo Dream 2 clones (both the fuzz dog and Moon build docs state they're required).

Fuzzdog almost always suggests alternatives for difficult to source components in his build docs if it doesn't effect the sound much, but he didn't this time which led me to believe the this chip is imperative

Gotcha. I got mine here in 2022 when I built mine:
Looks like he doesn't sell to US customers, but I already ordered from that dude a linked above. I'll let you guys know how it works out

Ok, haven’t tried them out yet, but super fast shipping and the packaging makes me feel these are legit (definitely not just a Chinese stamp on a fake chip). Again, will keep you posted once I complete the build

IMG_9136.jpeg

I was in the same boat. I found these on AliExpress:

Almost certainly fake but there are lots of 5 star reviews (Likely also fake) but it's cheap enough that I figured I'd give it a try. Hasn't shown up yet but I can report back on how it goes.

I am surprised to report that these probably fake ICs from AliExpress seemed to work just fine in my Echo Dream II build. Here's my build report!

Hi peeps! I also try to build the Echo Dream II, and the xr2206 still is scarce. Is there another alternative that works similar in this circuit?

Just thinking out of my ass here, but would it make sense to invest in one of the el-cheapo signal generator kits to use as a tester for a bunch of Aliexpress-type parts? IE: swap out ICs until you find the ones with decent waveforms?

It seems like it would be more efficient than swapping them one after the other into my impending Mesmeriser build.

Back