Electric Ladyland / Mama Flanger / Witchdoctor

fig

Village Idiot
One of my favorite recordings is Are You Experienced of course by The Jimi Hendrix Experience. This pedal is named for the song Voodoo Chile. The entire album was a ground-breaking “experience” for me, and recently, I was gifted a pcb containing a bit of ‘Jimojo’, so a huge thank you @Chuck D. Bones , @cooder , and @jjjimi84 !
😘😘😘
The build doc, schematic, discussion, and board creation can be found -> here <- (well, not really there, but clicking there, not here, will take you there, not here. Got it? Well I certainly hope so.

The build was really interesting and went smoothly with plenty of breaks 😎. I think the last one resulted in my drilling the LED port on the wrong side, but being I’m left-handed it was a groovy goof, and…what’s a bit of wire between two nodes? 😉

I am still exploring this pedal because there are so many possibilities with the controls, and I’ve not had much string time since finishing it. What I HAVE heard though, I really like! 🤩 Definitely some Jimi coming through !

The enclosure, knobs, dress nut, pot condoms, and OB wire are all Purple Haze. The lettering is an illusion, but I may try to make it real.

JtfCife.jpg

geeMlG4.jpg

TRE2REb.jpg

Thanks for looking. 🙂

Last edited:
Awesome work! So about getting one of those boards…

Beautiful build @fig and great job with the pcb @cooder! Looking forward to being able to build this project myself.

aside from wishing it were true, is there a way to get one of these magic boards?

Ditto That!

+1 for a board.

Flanger, my favourite.
In the works! ;) I'm schmoozing...

Back