Random pix

That's great work right there. Orchids are temperamental plants, but are absolutely gorgeous. I've tried to keep some indoors, but temperature/humidity variations have always done them in.
The plant gets all of the credit. I have a tough time with orchids too. They'll be fine for a few years and then suddenly give up the ghost. Finally found a good spot in a bay window where they get a little direct sun in the morning. I have some cymbidium orchids that live outside (I'm in SoCal). They are bulletproof. Had 'em for over 30 years. Every so often I have to split and repot them because they outgrow the pots. One's getting ready to flower.

Very nice, healthy looking orchids!
I have a huge amount of respect for gardeners..seeing as I can barely keep myself and my feline companion fed.

Is this thread for all "Random pix?"
If so- check out this wolf spider and her kids I shot with the 8x zoom on my phone:
6at54a0.jpg

Very nice, healthy looking orchids!
I have a huge amount of respect for gardeners..seeing as I can barely keep myself and my feline companion fed.

Is this thread for all "Random pix?"
If so- check out this wolf spider and her kids I shot with the 8x zoom on my phone:

Why didn't you get up close and use the macro setting? :p

I'll tell you a wee story about seeing people

I had a woman on my train at work I'm kinda standing there thinking there's something odd about this woman she sat rigid in her seat staring straight ahead every so often turning round and giving me the 1000 yard stare

I thought I wonder if she's alright perhaps shes blind and needs assistance so walked towards her and she said quite loudly and matter of fact, still with her back to me, do you believe in second sight?

I went who me? No not really

She said I ask because you bring someone with you stood up looked at me and got off the train

I was creeped out for about a month after that

Anyway here's a random sh*t photo I took of the worse scarecrow in the world bit grainy but you can just make out the seagull sat on it's head

20180807_094629.jpg

Last edited:
I may have nightmares about the spiders for quite some time. And second sight? That's movie type creepy.

so . . . . I saw legs spread with something(s) popping out of its butt

I fear for myself now
Reminds me of the guy who goes to see a psychiatrist. The shrink shows him some Rorschach ink blots.
"Tell me what you see in this picture."
"A naked woman."
"How about this one?"
"A man and woman having sex."
"And this one?"
"Two naked women."
"Mr. Smith, you seem to be very preoccupied with sex."
"Me? They're your dirty pictures."

Back