Drill templates will be available soon

interesting idea. should be handy. are you going to start marking the build docs to highlight the appropriate holes on the template?

and is there a template for the jacks?

and is there a template for the jacks?

Yep. Neither of these are new, they've been available for a couple years, they've just been out of stock for a while.

DrillGuide1-510x600.jpg
DrillGuide2.jpg

I use the top jack template for almost all of my builds except projects that have a special template.

The 125B enclosure template doesn't work for all of the projects obviously, but when it is compatible it sure as heck makes things a lot easier.

Last edited:
I just buy and modify the pre-finished, pre-drilled Tayda units.

Mostly I just enlarge the output jack hole for Cliff type jacks, enlarge the DC jack hole and enlarge the LED hole for a bezel.

Yep. Neither of these are new, they've been available for a couple years, they've just been out of stock for a while.

DrillGuide1-510x600.jpg
DrillGuide2.jpg

I use the top jack template for almost all of my builds except projects that have a special template.

The 125B enclosure template doesn't work for all of the projects obviously, but when it is compatible it sure as heck makes things a lot easier.
Any idea if /when these will be available again?

Also, just got the front template today, is there a way to tell whether the inner vs outer holes should be used for each build other than measuring (does the 3 knob always use the outer, 5 knob uses inner or something similar)?

Any idea if /when these will be available again?

Also, just got the front template today, is there a way to tell whether the inner vs outer holes should be used for each build other than measuring (does the 3 knob always use the outer, 5 knob uses inner or something similar)?

They arrived today, everything still has to be counted/added but expect them sometime tomorrow.

The best way if you're unsure is to compare against the paper printed template. In most cases the 2, 3, and 4 knob templates will use the inner set of holes (1.3" spacing) and the 5 and 6 knob templates will use the outer set of holes (1.6" spacing).

There are a few exceptions, but this is usually the standard.

They arrived today, everything still has to be counted/added but expect them sometime tomorrow.

The best way if you're unsure is to compare against the paper printed template. In most cases the 2, 3, and 4 knob templates will use the inner set of holes (1.3" spacing) and the 5 and 6 knob templates will use the outer set of holes (1.6" spacing).

There are a few exceptions, but this is usually the standard.
Awesome, thank you!

The front template is awesome, though slightly less useful since I'm always including a drill mark on my graphics anyway - though those not printing their graphics obviously don't have that luxury.

If you do another run of these in the future, maybe it would be worth marking each hole with a letter so in your build docs you can just specify which holes to drill in the doc? Or, in the doc just include a graphic of the template with the appropriate holes circled, on the same page as the off-board wiring, perhaps?

The top template on the other hand.... THANK YOU. This is the one that has always been a pain since obviously theres no drill mark on a graphic (though, now that I think of it, theres nothing stopping me from adding a plate to my pedals on the top... that would be a good place to put my name and stuff, or whatever).

One thing I noticed though is that it does not fit on my Tayda 125B powder coated enclosures, at least not the white one I tried it on. I actually ended up sandwiching in the two thin strips you'd normally snap off and throw away and now it's just a touch loose but at least it fits! I don't know if its feasible to maybe include a second spacer in the next run (the screws do barely hang on, but I may just superglue it all together) but figured I'd point it out.

IMG_2320.jpg

I'd been waiting for the top ones to come in for a while and just picked one up (should be here soon). I have one that was made from taping a piece of file-folder to the back of a printout which I just taped on and used, but this will be much nicer.

I tend to print graphics with the front holes marked so I didn't get one, though I probably should have.

I picked up both templates months ago and have used them for nearly every 125b pedal I’ve built. As far as determining which holes to use, I just hold the pcb up to the template and line the middle hole for the potentiometers (lug 2) on each side to see if it’s the inner holes or outer holes. I’ve found typically anything with three pots in a single row will be the outer holes. These things save sooooo much time and ink!

Back