Your Toolbox

I spent some time today cleaning and organizing things that had been piling up over the past month or so. The evolution of my workbench makes me feel an odd kind of satisfaction. I'm interested to see where it'll be in another year or so.

Had to create a link for the photo. Not sure why, maybe because it's a pano. Weird. Anyways, here is it:

Some mega impressive setups here, fellas! Here is my little area of zen.
I have a gigantic workshop / wrap around work benches and loads of pegboard and tools and such out in my garage for bigger work but with arizona getting to 120 degrees I needed to make a mini area for pedals and light solder so I set this up is inside of my guitar room / amp room / recording room / office / mancave / etc where I spend most of my time.

Attachments

• IMG_20210905_073522.jpg
    IMG_20210905_073522.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 31
I spent some time today cleaning and organizing things that had been piling up over the past month or so. The evolution of my workbench makes me feel an odd kind of satisfaction. I'm interested to see where it'll be in another year or so.

Had to create a link for the photo. Not sure why, maybe because it's a pano. Weird. Anyways, here is it:

I bet it was rough "bending" that plywood on that curve! lol

If I had to unpack and pack everything up every time I wanted to work on something, I'd never get any pedals built.

Kudos to all of you running such tight ships.
I don't. My table is in workshop mode for weeks on end.
I only clean up and pack when people visit. I also have to vacuum every nook and cranny because there are component leads and balls of solder everywhere. Have to get me one of those cutters that catch leads!

Workbench.jpg
I have always enjoyed researching others workbenches and spaces and see if I could incorporate a design I find into my own. So, in the spirit of sharing here is my current setup. Two 4 foot folding tables with 4 feet of pegboard and a lot of pats bins. I color coded the parts so I could find them faster. Blue for Resistors, Red for capacitors and Green for Semiconductors. For other parts Silver. I am still sorting the LED, Jacks and other misc pieces, or in other words, they are in the non colored or labeled bins. The workflow moves Left to Right, or that is the idea. One day I will but that Start back together. I keep forgetting to install the pickups!

View attachment 16635
I have always enjoyed researching others workbenches and spaces and see if I could incorporate a design I find into my own. So, in the spirit of sharing here is my current setup. Two 4 foot folding tables with 4 feet of pegboard and a lot of pats bins. I color coded the parts so I could find them faster. Blue for Resistors, Red for capacitors and Green for Semiconductors. For other parts Silver. I am still sorting the LED, Jacks and other misc pieces, or in other words, they are in the non colored or labeled bins. The workflow moves Left to Right, or that is the idea. One day I will but that Start back together. I keep forgetting to install the pickups!
Very nice and organized!
I trained a parrot to fetch my components. He's color blind so reading resistors is quite the challenge as you can well imagine. He does his best. I got a chuckle from him the other day when we were in the kitchen sharing a piece of toast and marmalade. I opened the freezer to grab some ice cubes but when I turned around he looked as though he'd seen a ghost! When I queried the little guy he responded "May I ask what the turkey did to end up like that?"
Very nice and organized!

Hold it! What is that mister?

jL8IDDy.png

This is a very important and meaningful post for me.

A Preface:

I really love contributing here. It's the best balance I have found of community, technical details, constructive criticism and an all-around good time. I was just thinking about this, as I often do, the other day and wondering how I could do that without another Thank You thread.

Well, a few members of the forum gave me that opportunity over the weekend. In the spirit of my so-called "contributions" to the forum (I'm not convinced I'm anything special!) outweighing the Spartan toolset I use on my bench, I was gifted some updated tools:

index.php
index.php

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank these fellas:

@thewintersoldier
@PedalPCB
@Stickman393
@jjjimi84
@fig

I've got some great projects planned for next year, along with a little thing I call Fuzz 2022 (stay tuned).

This is proof that no matter how crazy the world may get, there are pockets of community out there and people that look out for the best interests of others.

Thank You!

This is a very important and meaningful post for me.

A Preface:

I really love contributing here. It's the best balance I have found of community, technical details, constructive criticism and an all-around good time. I was just thinking about this, as I often do, the other day and wondering how I could do that without another Thank You thread.

Well, a few members of the forum gave me that opportunity over the weekend. In the spirit of my so-called "contributions" to the forum (I'm not convinced I'm anything special!) outweighing the Spartan toolset I use on my bench, I was gifted some updated tools:

index.php
index.php

I'd like to take the opportunity to thank these fellas:

@thewintersoldier
@PedalPCB
@Stickman393
@jjjimi84
@fig

I've got some great projects planned for next year, along with a little thing I call Fuzz 2022 (stay tuned).

This is proof that no matter how crazy the world may get, there are pockets of community out there and people that look out for the best interests of others.

Thank You!
Hell yeah I'm glad they pulled this off!

Screenshot_20211101-083546-207.png

Back