DEMO Electric Landlady (demo vid added)

This post contains an audio or video demo

DAJE

Build Rating
5.00 star(s)
At long last I have managed to complete this build. And - it sounds great. Though at first it sounded pretty broken, a bit of trimmer adjustment got it sounding nicer. I probably still need a little more adjustment time, though, but there are lots of good sounds (and fun "broken" sounds) in there. Gets a bit Ring Mod-esque on some settings.

Build notes: 3.3uF box caps may well exist, but not that I could find in any kind of usable and affordable format, so I went with a tantalum cap. The + is on the right as you look at the pedal from the footswitch end - see pic 1. I figured that out by looking at pics of other peoples' builds. Looks like no-one else could find a 3.3uF box cap either.

All E-caps are 16V, because that's what'll fit. Again, I looked at other peoples' builds for confirmation.

I built my own DIP-10 socket for the EA2-5NU, out of a DIP-6 and a DIP-4. You could probably cut down a larger one if you wanted. May not have been necessary but all the other ICs and transistors got sockets so I didn't want the EA2-5NU to feel neglected.

I put the inductor and the "secret" 22nF cap on the top of the board, because they fit, with some sculpting of the inductor's legs.

Parts sourced from @fig & Tayda & Ebay & AliExpress. I used @Brett 's Tayda drill template, very slightly tweaked to my own specs.

Attachments

• ELI1.jpg
    ELI1.jpg
    255.5 KB · Views: 40
  • ELI3.jpg
    ELI3.jpg
    346.7 KB · Views: 42
  • ELI4.jpg
    ELI4.jpg
    365.5 KB · Views: 38
  • ELI6.jpg
    ELI6.jpg
    284.9 KB · Views: 38
  • ELI7.jpg
    ELI7.jpg
    278.9 KB · Views: 41
I went with purple and green because that seemed like the right scheme for this thing. Green LED. I noticed everyone seemed to go with the PCB specified 1K LED resistor, but that's way too bright for me so I used a 13.3K resi. The LEDR is the one right next to the LED connection in case that isn't obvious enough.

I only had 3 of the top row knobs, so I went with a 3+3 line-up and since all the colours sort-of matched, it worked.

Attachments

• ELO1.jpg
    ELO1.jpg
    389.3 KB · Views: 12
  • ELO2.jpg
    ELO2.jpg
    309.7 KB · Views: 11
  • ELO3.jpg
    ELO3.jpg
    382.5 KB · Views: 8
  • ELO4.jpg
    ELO4.jpg
    352.4 KB · Views: 9
  • ELO5.jpg
    ELO5.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 11
That looks really cool! Which board is this?
It's not a PedalPCB board, it was a collaboration between a few forum members and was only available as a giveaway from Fig. Pretty sure it's a limited edition, so even if Fig wasn't sidelined there may be no more left.

It's not a PedalPCB board, it was a collaboration between a few forum members and was only available as a giveaway from Fig. Pretty sure it's a limited edition, so even if Fig wasn't sidelined there may be no more left.
Oh ok it’s the infamous board of legends…

What a beautiful pedal! The knob choice and color palette of this pedal is incredible! Love every bit of this! Great build!

I love those gut shots! That’s the most festive looking circuit board I think I’ve ever seen. It reminds me of Mardi Gras day. You can tell those components are down to party. The exterior is also a delight.

I love those gut shots! That’s the most festive looking circuit board I think I’ve ever seen. It reminds me of Mardi Gras day. You can tell those components are down to party. The exterior is also a delight.
I'd agree, those are some tasteful gut shots

Back