Did you solder your "magic" diodes into your Kliche/Klone build?

ThePanda

About to start my klone build (tonegeek one).

How many permanently installed their "magic" diodes?

I am considering putting pins to hot swap them in the future.

I always came back to 1N34As. I had an external board where I flipped through about a dozen different ones, and it seemed the most suitable to my ears.
Thanks That was my planned starting place anyway, but this is mostly new territory for me and mo info is mo bettah. I did the the whole dance with an old Hafler tube guitar preamp I own many years ago and ended up liking LEDs in it, but I was using it mostly for bass at the time, and slide bass at that.

I always came back to 1N34As. I had an external board where I flipped through about a dozen different ones, and it seemed the most suitable to my ears.
I kinda wanna do that. I have been collecting a few different diodes, but I am wondering how much hassle it will be.

I may just end up with 1n34a's in there anyway.

Did you fab up the board?

I bought two 1N34s and the forward voltage is very high. Aren't these supposed to be around .2mA? Did I get ripped off?
I also have some D9Es that also measure closer to 1mA.

I bought two 1N34s and the forward voltage is very high. Aren't these supposed to be around .2mA? Did I get ripped off?
I also have some D9Es that also measure closer to 1mA.
They’re usually around .1-.3 What are your reading?

Back