125b 3 in 1

kristopher

I recently saw the thread about how much can be crammed into a 1590b. And realized I had yet to post last weekends build. A Fuzz Foundry, Green Ringer, Mosfet boost. Into a 125b.

I’ve been using an AMZ mosfet boost as an always on for a while now. And a Fuzz Foundry Deluxe, that I hadn’t really adjusted knob-wise in months. So I figured they should pair up. Which would give me space on the pedal board for another pedal.

The fuzz has sockets for the input cap, so I can try out a few values. Like the deluxe Fat switch. I chose a 390nf for now, because it’s been in limbo since the Klon kit build I bought last year from Stompbox Parts. It sounds great.

The transistors are socketed too, of course. I chose a pair of Toshiba M8640e PNP’s because they worked well in a Fuzz Face I built some time ago. I don’t know the hfe. But the two in the photo didn’t sound good enough. The Ringer is in there, because it can fit.

The centre mini switch is for the boost, with the volume knob bottom right. The Ringer hasn’t any knobs. Just the 3pdt.

It went together rather easily. Aside from getting tangled a few times. I wired all three up with long wires to test them out, then trimmed them to fit.

And, I used some tiny pots. I bought them from Mouser on a whim last year. They helped save some space, obviously.

I like having the fuzz and ringer foot switches close together, because I can switch from one to the other with one stomp during a solo.
The LED sockets are gosh darn close together. But the red green yellow stoplight look makes me smile. I did the same on another three in one months ago. An always on sproing, with two crackle jacks.

Anyway. Rock on friends. Keep building.

Attachments

• 1968C16C-AF84-4140-ABDC-39C8C19E4751.jpeg
    1968C16C-AF84-4140-ABDC-39C8C19E4751.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 60
  • 4062A049-1D09-40AB-AE97-04EA7E0F9637.jpeg
    4062A049-1D09-40AB-AE97-04EA7E0F9637.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 60
  • 28BB6888-B1EB-4FED-AF96-E2E86CBCA18C.jpeg
    28BB6888-B1EB-4FED-AF96-E2E86CBCA18C.jpeg
    491.4 KB · Views: 60
I wanted to clarify/update on this lil’ beast.
I swapped transistors a few times, and some low gain 2n404’s I got from guitarpcb are sounding great. Hfe is around 35-45.
The Capacitor was lowered to a 150nf. And it has a more full bodied sound and feel.
Also… I apologize for not naming the octave board as what it is. A Squidward!
Thanks, enjoy your Sunday.

I

L
O
V
E
this build.

So much after my own heart —
✅ LOTS crammed into the smallest enclosure possible
✅ interesting control arrangement
✅ Green Ringer, AMZ Boost
✅ SOCKETS to try out different parameters: Fat INPUT CAP, Transistors
✅ Dual Footswitch proximity
✅ 9mm Pots
✅ Humour (Stoplight)
✅ Clean "graphic"
✅ Due credit

Great avatar, too.

A tip o' th' hat to you!

6tudmBb.gif

So if the Life Pedal is a RAT, Green Ringer and a boost, then what is a Fuzz Factory, Green Ringer and a boost called? Very impressive build!

Back