2 in 1 Question

joelorigo

I am working on my first 2 in 1. I am looking at the Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram attached below. I have a 3PDT toggle and the PedalPCB 3PDT Effects Order Switch breakout board. If I orient the switch as shown on the diagram, the toggle goes up and down. Which side is up, the left or right circuit?

Attachments

• Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram-2.jpg
    Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram-2.jpg
    229.1 KB · Views: 28
I am working on my first 2 in 1. I am looking at the Order_Switch_Wiring_Diagram attached below. I have a 3PDT toggle and the PedalPCB 3PDT Effects Order Switch breakout board. If I orient the switch as shown on the diagram, the toggle goes up and down. Which side is up, the left or right circuit?
I'm pretty sure up is left, and down is right.

Thanks. I was asking because I want to rotate the switch to point left and right, indicating which is currently the first in the order.

I would like to add that, having built a few 2 in 1's with order switches, it's kinda fun to not know. I mostly build for myself, and haven't tried my hand at artwork. Just saying. My Mercurial and CrackleJack get switched back and forth every now and than.
Anyway, you do you.
By the way... Which two circuits are you joining in sonic blissfulness?

I would like to add that, having built a few 2 in 1's with order switches, it's kinda fun to not know. I mostly build for myself, and haven't tried my hand at artwork. Just saying. My Mercurial and CrackleJack get switched back and forth every now and than.
Anyway, you do you.
By the way... Which two circuits are you joining in sonic blissfulness?
That sounds adventurous! I think I’m too methodical for that. I get annoyed when a pedal has artwork that makes it hard to read the knob labels, like my Polara :)

I’m combining the Kentauride (a TS10 into a Klon in one PCB) and the Mitt (a Tim) from Effects Layouts.

Could someone check my wiring for the 2 specific PCBs I am doing for this 2 in 1? The Effects Layouts layouts are a bit different but I think I worked it out.

Attachments

• wiring.png
    wiring.png
    808.5 KB · Views: 10
Thanks!

I discovered something when looking at the "2-in-1_Wiring_Diagram." The ground from the DC jack in the diagram is connected to the pad where the ground for the input jack normally is. Is this because in this situation it doesn't matter, or is it a mistake?

Attachments

• 2-in-1_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
    2-in-1_Wiring_Diagram.jpg
    616.5 KB · Views: 5
Thanks!

I discovered something when looking at the "2-in-1_Wiring_Diagram." The ground from the DC jack in the diagram is connected to the pad where the ground for the input jack normally is. Is this because in this situation it doesn't matter, or is it a mistake?
Ground is ground no matter where it is, so no worries.

I got this wired up today and it works! But, on one half, the Effects Layouts Mitt (a Tim), the Tone knob for the Boost doesn’t do anything. And on the other half, the Kentauride, the volume on the Tube Screamer is only at unity when maxed. Anyone have any opinions on what could be causing these? Should I take this to the Troubleshooting area?

Here’s build docs for each with the schematics.

I see. it’s based on a TS10 which I’ve never tried. I have an 808 mini and yes, it doesn’t have much output, but not as little as this. Is there a simple part(s) swap to give it more volume?

Back