2 Lead D/C innie jack Cathode/Anode?

Ctrl4Smilerz

I got a bunch of these innie jacks that only have two leads. Can anyone help me figure out which is the cathode and which is the anode? TIA

If you have a multimeter you can check for continuity or sometimes you can look at it and tell which connects to the negative pin on the outside

On the lumberg style ones the longer lug is positive

The longer lug is usually the sleeve, short lug is the center pin.

So for a typical negative ground / negative center wired effect (most modern effects) the longer lead is the positive terminal.

You can verify with a continuity test using your DMM, there have been a few cases where they were opposite.

The longer lug is usually the sleeve, short lug is the center pin.

So for a typical negative ground / negative center wired effect (most modern effects) the longer lead is the positive terminal.

You can verify with a continuity test using your DMM, there have been a few cases where they were opposite.
Well looks like I got one of weird ones. With it plugged into a center negative 9V power supply, in continuity mode my DMM beeps when the input (+) is on the shorter leg.

If it's a Lumberg long is positive short is negative, if it's a knock off throw them away and buy real Lumbergs!

Don't measure continuity with power applied, that's giving a false reading.

Measure continuity from the lug to the center pin of the jack with nothing plugged in.
Just checked and there is continuity between the center pin and the short leg. Thanks for your help!

Back