Schematic help something is not quite right

jimilee

In the schematic, I've reversed the Volume pot, so it works backwards. No problem, I'll put a C taper in there and it will work fine. Nope, still works in reverse. Can someone help me figure out or know why?
248zXd7l.jpg

TIA
-Jimi Lee

In the schematic, I've reversed the Volume pot, so it works backwards. No problem, I'll put a C taper in there and it will work fine. Nope, still works in reverse. Can someone help me figure out or know why?
248zXd7l.jpg

TIA
-Jimi Lee
I’m just wanting to understand how a different taper would matter on it working in reverse. I’m assuming you mean fully ccw is max volume? Not saying you’re wrong it just doesn’t make sense to me, and I’d like to know why that would work. I think of taper as changing the curve of the increase in resistance. Wouldn’t the volume pot also make more sense after the output buffer?

Anyways not helpful to your question just wanting to understand myself.

I’m just wanting to understand how a different taper would matter on it working in reverse. I’m assuming you mean fully ccw is max volume? Not saying you’re wrong it just doesn’t make sense to me, and I’d like to know why that would work. I think of taper as changing the curve of the increase in resistance. Wouldn’t the volume pot also make more sense after the output buffer?

Anyways not helpful to your question just wanting to understand myself.
Great question, C taper is a reverse log taper. In my mind, that would work.

I too am confused. But I would imagine that since it's working in reverse--full volume CCW, no volume CW--the taper wouldn't need to change in order for it to otherwise feel like an A taper? The "S" shape is backward, but it would still be most gradual at either end and faster change in the middle. Or not, I'd build a lot more pedals if I weren't so afraid of messing up on the pots. :unsure:

I too am confused. But I would imagine that since it's working in reverse--full volume CCW, no volume CW--the taper wouldn't need to change in order for it to otherwise feel like an A taper? The "S" shape is backward, but it would still be most gradual at either end and faster change in the middle. Or not, I'd build a lot more pedals if I weren't so afraid of messing up on the pots. :unsure:
But messing up is how you learn,

The 2nd pedal I ever built, and first that wasn’t a kit was a strip board fuzz face. The volume pot works backwards. Has since I first built it, I wired it backwards. I was so happy it worked at all I just let it be. At this point I just know it works backwards and will never fix it, not that I ever use it, also made me realize I’m more of a muff guy.

The 2nd pedal I ever built, and first that wasn’t a kit was a strip board fuzz face. The volume pot works backwards. Has since I first built it, I wired it backwards. I was so happy it worked at all I just let it be. At this point I just know it works backwards and will never fix it, not that I ever use it, also made me realize I’m more of a muff guy.
Yeah, I prefer muffs as well…🤣

Back