3PDT Latched Footswitch - Tayda vs lovemyswitches

tdukes

I just noticed that the 3PDT footswitch from lovemyswitches is $0.20 cheaper than tayda. I have used one of lovemyswitches "super premium" switches and it is definitely nicer, but also definitely more expensive than I want to pay.

Has anyone compared their $2.30 footswitch to the $2.49 footswitch (A-331) from tayda. I was going to order some more knobs from them anyway so the shipping won't matter.

I'm currently using the Tayda gold-plated 3PDT footswitches, as they were out of the regular ones on my last couple of orders. About $0.40 more, but I like them a lot. I'm usually a fan of Love My Switches stuff, but in my last order I actually received a few bad pots - first time ever, from any supplier.

I suspect that both of the standard "Taiwan blue" 3PDTs are coming from the same manufacturer.

I prefer the "Pro" 3pdt switches from Mammoth or the Alpha ones from Tayda. They are both slightly more expensive but I think they both are better quality.

I just noticed that the 3PDT footswitch from lovemyswitches is $0.20 cheaper than tayda. I have used one of lovemyswitches "super premium" switches and it is definitely nicer, but also definitely more expensive than I want to pay.

Has anyone compared their $2.30 footswitch to the $2.49 footswitch (A-331) from tayda. I was going to order some more knobs from them anyway so the shipping won't matter.

Did you find the "super premium" switches to be a lot quieter than the regular 3PDTs? I'm curious, but the cost of getting them in Canada after currency exchange and shipping makes them all the more expensive.

Did you find the "super premium" switches to be a lot quieter than the regular 3PDTs? I'm curious, but the cost of getting them in Canada after currency exchange and shipping makes them all the more expensive.

It is a softer click so mechanically they are quieter. It is a different feel as well (you may like this or not). They are heavier and feel more solid when you hold them in your hand. I don't know if the resin (epoxy?) holding the pins is nicer or it the switch contacts are nicer or not. I think you would have to tear one apart to tell.

I haven't had a problem with electrical noise with the tayda A-331. I bought the super-premium to replace a foot switch that failed just because I was curious. The one that failed was a sharp square edge switch I bought off of ebay before I started buying from tayda.

I prefer the "Pro" 3pdt switches from Mammoth or the Alpha ones from Tayda. They are both slightly more expensive but I think they both are better quality.

Are you talking about A-4191? These are out of stock until June 16 so I will have to wait to see about these. Either you bought a lot of them or other people like them as well :)

The one that failed was a sharp square edge switch I bought off of ebay before I started buying from tayda.

The sharp edged ones are the worst I've ever used. A couple years ago I bought some 3PDTs in bulk quantity on eBay and that's what I received (that is not what was pictured, so you have to be careful) ...

Are you talking about A-4191? These are out of stock until June 16 so I will have to wait to see about these. Either you bought a lot of them or other people like them as well :)
Yep those are the ones. I wouldn't say I bought them out but I did get 10 because Mammoth has been out for so long and Tayda was having their 15% off special.

Back