6 band EQ (potentiometer version)

ficelles

Finished my potentiometer 6 band EQ build today, which gratifyingly worked first time. Sole departure from recommended components was bipolar electrolytic 1uf caps instead of film as I had them to hand.

I tested the build with a noise generator and it gives very effective EQ in the various bands as expected, only comment is that using the suggested linear taper pots all the action is at the end of the travel so audio taper might be a better choice, leaving mine as is though.

Alternative cap options on toggle switches would be an interesting mod if anyone feels like working out the values for different filter frequencies!

7B79205F-FC31-4A3C-9374-400126A536D6.jpeg 68B74A89-DF29-4D88-8BE8-C77529855776.jpeg

Surprising that you are getting more noticeable frequency changes near the end of the pot rotations. I might have guessed you were using log pots instead of linear. I build the slider version and the range sounds very smooth and even throughout the slider positions.

I am not really interested in building another version since I am OK with the way the slider pots sound. Just letting you know the slider pots do not have the behavior you described. Maybe others can chime in if they have built the pot version.

Back