6-band EQ

Guybrush

[

D4A4213_grande.JPG
Those toggle switch caps look like a good solution. Impressive to see 8 different colors as well. And thanks for posting the build docs. I'm going to try to use my drill and dremel to see how the enclosure comes out. Glad I have the faceplate to go with it. : ^ )
[/QUOTE]

Does anyone know where these are available from?

Bricksnbeatles

Since it’s safe to assume that Tayda is never getting those B50k slider pots back in stock, is anyone with the relevant smarts (*cough* @Chuck D. Bones *cough*) able to take a stab at what differences, aside from taper of course, W20K pots would have in the circuit from a technical standpoint?
If I’m being honest, I still don’t really understand what difference the pot values make when acting as a voltage divider in this particular sort of application.

music6000

Since it’s safe to assume that Tayda is never getting those B50k slider pots back in stock, is anyone with the relevant smarts (*cough* @Chuck D. Bones *cough*) able to take a stab at what differences, aside from taper of course, W20K pots would have in the circuit from a technical standpoint?
If I’m being honest, I still don’t really understand what difference the pot values make when acting as a voltage divider in this particular sort of application.
Another Option:

phi1

I’d have to learn more to answer about how the different values effect the sound in this spot of the circuit. But, I can tell you that the 1776 Effects (currently not taking orders) has a six shooter project which is the identical circuit as Pedalpcb, except it uses all w20k pots

Big Monk

The output level control could be a simple retrofit with a standalone pot.

Looks like the output voltage divider is a simple 50/50 split:

1637154625565.png

Signal Level (%) = R9/(R8+R9)

Signal Level (%) = 10k/20k = 50%

Simply forego R8. You can use a R9 limiting resistor from Lug 3 of a 100kA pot to the ground pad for R9 to set the maximum output signal %.

Here is the Alpha "A" Curves. I assumed an 80/20 taper:

1637155556336.png

We can now use the value of the limiting resistor and the taper curve to show our performance across the dial. For instance:

1637155996484.png
1637156032152.png
1637156051195.png
1637156076130.png

I've been searching for a way to get the XTS modified frequency bands without breaking the bank and I think I'll add this to my 2022 list.

Reactions: spi

Bricksnbeatles

Just did a dry fit of the slider assembly with the W20K pots that were suggested (the screws are backed off equivalent to the thickness of the enclosure itself, the red line indicates where the faceplate will sit relative to the slider shafts) and the shafts seem much longer than what I’ve seen in others’ builds. I’ll see about getting slightly longer standoffs and seeing if I can still fit the assembly without getting in the way of the jacks. Could anyone take a pic of the side profile of their completed EQ so I can see how much the sliders stick out? Just a little concerned since it seems like they’d be easy to hit into with how high they stick up, and since they’re thin plastic shafts, it seems like they’d be at risk of snapping off with just a single light bump the wrong way.
39235BC8-F38C-458F-B0B0-BD6088239EEA.jpeg

I am a bass player and was wondering if there is an EQ chart specific to this design for obtaining lower Frequencies than the pedal is built for?

Slider 1 looks to be the only frequency that doesn't utilize an IC so my thought is that specific hz is determined by ONLY a resistor and capacitor while the others are determined by the caps and the voltage resistor. It looks like the 470R resistor stays the same across all frequencies.

I would rather wait for a SansAmp PCB to come out but building my own EQ has always been on my project scope so this one excites me a little.