90k9 resistor vs 91k

brightlight

I'm building a Van Pelt drive and it calls for a 90k9 resistor. I can't find those on Tayda, but they have 91k. I'm pretty sure I already know the answer that this is a stupidly small difference of 0.1k resistance to worry about especially with tolerances being what they are, but I'm just double checking that this circuit will operate as intended with this subsistituion.

90k9 seems like such an odd value in a world where 91k is a thing. Thanks!

Weird value. Close enough! It’s a 0.1% difference.
Thank you. I was pretty sure I'm good here, I just want someone to yell at if it blows up, burns the house down, creates a black hole, and sucks us all in. Fate of the universe is on you now :p

I don't know Jack, but in the Palance of things — how Chan I say this... Nicholson can't handle the Trooth. You can Betts on it, Benny there done that. Lord it's 5-oh maybe Klugman, but what a Lemmon! The real Gleason is it's all fading to Black.

Black Gleason Klugman Lord Lemmon

My OCD is still beating me up for stuffing a 475 ohm in place of a 470.

Nah, seriously, 91k is well within any reasonable tolerance for a 90.9k, unless you're building some measuring equipment or such.

Lol. Sometimes I’ll put a random carbon-comp resistor in a sea of blue just like that or a green cap amongst the white ones. Figure I’m going to be the only one seeing it, but I get it a little bit. ;)

On a side note- where does one get those hotdog resistors, and do they have any benefits over regular ones?
I don't remember where I got them, but I really like that the value is spelled out, instead of color coded. The downside is that you have to rotate them just right to see it.

Back