SOLVED Aion tight metal issue

jimilee

I’m having some issues and I’m confused about what function the diode serves. I have no audio past this diode and when I left the leg and audio probe it, nothing is getting through. Any help is much appreciated, there is little to no info on this bad boy.

Attachments

• 52CFF880-AF55-4325-A225-337DB59AE920.png
    52CFF880-AF55-4325-A225-337DB59AE920.png
    158.5 KB · Views: 105
I’m having some issues and I’m confused about what function the diode serves. I have no audio past this diode and when I left the leg and audio probe it, nothing is getting through. Any help is much appreciated, there is little to no info on this bad boy.

It looks like a handful of a circuit!.
Can you check for Continuity @ R1-100K VD pad & Volume Leg 1, Power must be unplugged!
Curious to know if Volume is controlling the lack of audio?????

52cff880-af55-4325-a225-337db59ae920-png.44111

Are you positive you didn't put it in backwards? That would be my guess. Usually the line is where the stripe end goes. Not totally sure what's it's purpose is. Reverse voltage protection?

Did you mean you lifted the Diode & it made no difference, that was my understanding?
What I mean by the Volume control is it maybe Shunting/ cutting the audio?

Are you positive you didn't put it in backwards? That would be my guess. Usually the line is where the stripe end goes. Not totally sure what's it's purpose is. Reverse voltage protection?
Yep. As a matter of fact, I removed the diode and put in another one.

I would assume the diode is some form of protection for the input of the opamp.

The circuit should work perfectly fine with the diode removed, it's just a buffer.

Back