AionFX Emerald (Boss PH-1R Phaser)

Zennmaster

It seems I've never met a Phaser of a Flanger that I didn't like, or at least want. Here's my AionFX Emerald build: "PHaseR-1".

Something I really like about the Boss designs is that they are, to my mind, "The Standard" against which everything else gets compared. This should not be taken to mean that I think they are boring, more like they're reliable. This one is exactly what I think of when I think of a phaser.

Enclosure is a Tayda "Chromium", art is waterslide.

20240505_182257.rotated.jpg
20240505_182309.rotated.jpg

Very nice! I built one of those a couple months ago and really love it. Was just playing it today, actually. Very articulate but sweet sounding at the same time. Love the volume control! All modulation pedals should have them, IMHO.

How'd you find working with the Chromium enclosure? A couple years back people were having problems with the powdercoat chipping compared to others. What was your experience like?
So far so good. Like any super-reflective surface, I might have gone overboard with cleaning it off, I'd hate to preserve a fingerprint under a clear decal or a clearcoat. Otherwise, the clear decal film I used shows up just a little bit hazy. It's definitely not a problem with less shiny surfaces. I'd definitely do it again, although I tend to like polished aluminum more than chrome, but it's a LOT more effort. lol.

Looks great. I think I need to build a phaser. The closest I have is an mxr vibe. The enclosure looks long, is it a 125b? Or is it just the photo angle?
Pb

Looks great. I think I need to build a phaser. The closest I have is an mxr vibe. The enclosure looks long, is it a 125b? Or is it just the photo angle?
Pb
It is indeed a 125B, just my phone camera being a little wonky. You should definitely build a phaser, but use caution: as one of EffectsLayouts PCBs declares, "It's not just a phase". (The pedal is called "Lifestyle") :)

And it's true. It's quite a rabbit hole, and there are a lot of wonderful designs out there.

It is indeed a 125B, just my phone camera being a little wonky. You should definitely build a phaser, but use caution: as one of EffectsLayouts PCBs declares, "It's not just a phase". (The pedal is called "Lifestyle") :)

And it's true. It's quite a rabbit hole, and there are a lot of wonderful designs out there.
Ha ya i am starting to see how deep the rabbit hole is 😂. I well add it to my list!
Thanks
Pb

Pb

Back
Top Bottom